Introduction and a casualty!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Introduction and a casualty!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Aldana
    Participant

Turns out I might not get the chance to restore her! If a claim is made to the post office then they ask for the item to be returned with it’s packaging! So I will be motherless πŸ™

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Eek! Poor mamma, and poor Aldana! Welcome. πŸ™‚ If you do have to give her up we’ll help you locate a new one.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

Hi Aldana! πŸ˜€

Me going on about windstones 24/7 got you on here πŸ˜€ yay!

Oh no i feel really bad, i know how much you wanted that mother πŸ™ Awww πŸ™ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ You really should leave that seller neg feedback!
      Im worried about my mother now, i know Dragoness packed it well though πŸ˜€

Im sure you will do a good job fixing her though πŸ˜€
      Aw, don’t worry. I have sent stuff to GB and Ski and they arrived fine. I am a good packer. πŸ˜€

I’ll happily vouch for that. Dragoness packs so well it even withstands two months of surface mail!

Ive payed up and they will deliver her on monday for me πŸ˜€
      I have 100% faith in Dragoness’s packing! 8)

Maria
      Participant

Post pics, Griffiness! πŸ˜€

Aldana
        Participant

Latest news:
          The seller on ebay had a male dragon for sell also which I got out bidded on and from the feed back left it seems that he arrived in tact. I’m just unlucky πŸ™

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Post pics, Griffiness! πŸ˜€

I will do πŸ˜€ 12hrs 15mins and counting before she arrives 8) and im sleeping through 11 of that lol.

πŸ™ Poo Aldana,

Aldana
          Participant

Well I got to work fixing my mother dragon and resculpted the missing claw and scales. Now need to get the right paint.

😯 Wow! Very impressive repair job! I’m not sure I would’ve tackled that. What did you use to repair her? I asked someone else ( 😳 sorry forgot who) and was told Magic Sculpt, but can’t find that… eventually I’ll fix my browns — or send them off to a forum member to fix!

Aldana
            Participant

I used an epoxy putty called Milliput it was the first time I had used and I have a lot left over.

Maria
              Participant

Looks great, Aldana! Now good luck painting. πŸ˜€

Aldana
                Participant

*Blows the dust off my old account.*

Wow, where did those 14 years go??

Hello all, I am back after a long period of hiatus from collecting dragons/Windstones.

I have reached out on the Facebook page but decided to see if I could log back in on the forums using my old account. Turns out I had to reset my password but here I am.

So just a little update on what has brought me back to the collecting scene.

Back in 2007 I was only a student, spending my student loan on Dragons and Windstones. Being in the UK meant getting hold of Windstones was very difficult and out of my price range. So I decided to start saving towards driving lessons and a car.

14 years later and I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful 6 year old daughter, a fantastic Hybrid car and a steady income.

It was my daughter that made me rediscover my love for Dragons. She is obsessed with the Dragon Rescue Riders on Netflix and believes two pebbles she found on the beach are dormant dragon eggs that will one day hatch, although she tells me she isn’t ready to be a mummy!

I found for her my Windstones that I had put away for safe keeping and now they are on display in her bedroom. She absolutely adores the hatching Dragon sculpture and holds him in her hands before going to bed.

It is lovely to share this love with Windstones with her and as such I have decided to start collecting again! I already have a coiled Mother on the way and I am in talks with someone about a hatching dinosaur I saw on Facebook.

Happy to be back but the same wont be said for my bank account

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Hi Aldana, great to ‘see’ you back and wonderful news about how far you’ve come! And congratulations on your collector in training!

etruscan
                    Participant

Welcome back! (You don’t know me – I joined in 2010.)

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Welcome back, Aldana!

The only thing that’s really changed here is that now there are many more pieces to collect. πŸ™‚

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.