Introduction and a casualty!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Introduction and a casualty!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Aldana
    Participant

Hi my name is Aldana, new collector but long time admirer of Windstones.

Griffiness will know me from the sorcerers library forum. *waves* and I am a fellow Brit!

So far my collection comprises of a PYO dragon which I hope to paint very soon, a Black Gold curly which has yet to be shipped and an extremely broken brown mother dragon πŸ˜₯
      I’ll post photos when I can.

I have sent a message to the ebay seller and am waiting for a reply but I would love to have a go at fixing her up as I can’t bare to part with her now!

Anyway I look forward to chatting with you all and I may put some of my art work up on show at some point.

Cheers
      Aldana

I Would love an Old Warrior one day.. any Old Warrior!

Aldana
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

Welcome, Aldana! Nice to see you. Hope you enjoy your stay! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
          Participant

Yes, Welcome πŸ˜€ I will look forward to your pics!

Aldana
            Participant

Thank you both!

The poor mamma looks a bit gruesome! She has been decapitated in two places and chipped severely! I’m hoping some milliput and some paint will help but as this is my first mother dragon I will have to look at photos to get it just right.

Skigod377
              Participant

Aldana wrote:

Thank you both!

The poor mamma looks a bit gruesome! She has been decapitated in two places and chipped severely! I’m hoping some milliput and some paint will help but as this is my first mother dragon I will have to look at photos to get it just right.Are you pretty good at repair? There are folks on here who do wonderful jobs! Maybe you can post some before and after pics, if you decide to keep her… πŸ™‚

Aldana
                Participant

I have made a few sculptures in my time and I did buy the mother as an experiment as the seller mentioned it had a chip on the wing which I was going to repair… Just didn’t imagine that this was going to happen.
                  I asked the seller to double box it twice but he ignored me and just wrapped it in bubble wrap!

Maria
                  Participant

Aldana wrote:

She has been decapitated in two places

Some mama dragon, to have had two heads. πŸ˜† But Ski’s right – there are expert repair people on here. They can help you.

Welcome πŸ˜€ .

Maria
                    Participant

Aldana wrote:

I have made a few sculptures in my time and I did buy the mother as an experiment as the seller mentioned it had a chip on the wing which I was going to repair… Just didn’t imagine that this was going to happen.
                      I asked the seller to double box it twice but he ignored me and just wrapped it in bubble wrap!

That’s the worst kind. It would merit a negative, but deifnitely nothing better than a neutral.

Aldana
                      Participant

Here is the casualty!

And a bag of broken bits (apologies for the fuzzy photo)

Skigod377
                        Participant

I will check her out when I get home. All I get at work are little red x’s. Im sure its painful to look at.

Maria
                          Participant

It is. I’m sorry, Aldana. Poor dragon. That’ll take some work to fix. πŸ™

Welcome Aldana! That mother does look alittle gruesome. Good luck fixing her. Knock on wood that that is the last broken one.

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Ouch! And the original chip is very clearly a minor one to repair, too.

But she’s fixable. See if you can get a part-refund from the seller, on the basis that you would have bought her anyway, just not at that price. That’s what happened to me with my green male.

Welcome!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.