fbpx

Introducing myself

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Introducing myself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hi all! I’m so happy that I found these forums!

My name is Shadera. I’m 33 and live in WV with my husband and our parrots. No human kids for us, the feathered kids are handful enough. πŸ˜† I’m lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom for them.

My hobbies include photography, growing/hybridizing roses, photo manips, painting, drawing, World of Warcraft, and of course the birds.

I didn’t even know Melody’s pieces were still being made, there really aren’t many stores in WV that carry them and none closer than an hour and a half from me. I’m going to see if I can find someone in the area willing to be a dealer, we need one here. Anyways, I saw my first dragon in a mall shop years ago but couldn’t afford it on my mickey d’s wage. I was looking for some dragon statues on ebay a few days ago and found some Windstone’s being auctioned and practically ran here once it came up in a web search. And lucky me, they’ve started doing some in my favorite color – silver! I ordered the silver male, I hope he’ll be here soon. I’m sure the day he gets here I’ll be back in the store for the silver mom. They are everything I always imaginied a dragon to be. I have no pieces right now, but I’m sure in the next year I’ll be up to my ears in dragons. Is this normal, to want them all? πŸ˜† I’m sure I’ll have to have at least one of those adorable poads, too.

I’d love to post some pics of the feathered kids but unfortunately don’t have 5 posts. πŸ™„

I also have some video of them on youtube under the username kachinabetta if anyone is interested in seeing them “live”.

It’s wonderful to meet all of you, and I hope I’ll fit right in. I’m looking forward to selling off unneeded body parts to fund this new addiction. Kidney anyone? πŸ˜›

twindragonsmum
    Participant

Hi and welcome! Glad you found us, we always like to meet new Windstone addicts πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ (you wouldn’t be normal if you didn’t want them all πŸ˜€ )

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

darjeb
      Participant

WELCOME

Just remember Windstones are addictive

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Oh how fun! How do you like WV? My husband and I are considering it as one of our final destinations for living (someday, years from now).

Please tell me about your parrots! What species do you have? I just looked up your videos. Youtube is being slow today so I only saw one… is your Pionus a Maximillian’s pi? Looks like it from the video! I have a maxi pi and a bronze wing myself. They are the best!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Welcome to the forum!

Travistie
            Participant

Welcome to the nut house! πŸ˜€ It is very normal to want all the dragons! Poads(tm) are adorable… no matter what some may say. Yeah, you DM! πŸ˜›

You will love the silver male though. I just got mine last week… and he is awesome. Here is a pic of mine:

Welcome!

What kind of roses are you growing? I love red roses and have been thinking about trying to grow some roses in a pot on the deck, since the available spots in my garden don’t get enough sun for roses.

I’m always on the lookout for interesting plants that I can put on the deck, and this year I have a bunch of tulip bulbs that I need to plant in pots soon. What other plants to do you like to grow?

lamortefille
              Participant

Sounds like you’re going to fit right in! πŸ˜€

Wow, it’s great to be so warmly welcomed!

First, that silver male is just to DIE for. My order went through on Monday, so I’m hoping that maybe by the end of the week he’ll be here. I’ll probably skip to the door to meet the UPS guy. πŸ˜€ My husband doesn’t get the excitement, but he’s always happy when I’m happy. And he funds my habits. πŸ˜†

Yes Jennifer, she’s a maxi pi. Sweet as sugar and such a love sponge. Her name is Kiele (Hawaiian for “fragrant blossom”). I got her from a family down in NC that no longer wanted her, so I drove 7 hours each way to pick her up. I’d love to someday have another pionus, maybe the bronze wing or a blue head. I also have a greencheek conure, a pied blue male parrotlet, and a green female parrotlet. I’ll definitely post some pictures of them once I’m able. I love taking pictures of the fids! If I’m not hanging out here, I’ll probably be at The Perch, my favorite bird forum. I’d love to hear from more bird slaves, do I understand it right that Melody loves birds as well?

WV is a great place to live if you like to move at a slower pace. There isn’t much to do unless you’re creative, and we usually end up heading into Ohio or Pittsburgh for entertainment. Can’t beat the cost of living though. Hubby is a Nuclear Pharmacist and we’re able to pretty much live well here. WV is definitely beautiful though. I got to see all 48 states during the 7 years I spent driving a tractor-trailer by myself, and there’s no other place I’d rather call home. I’ve seen a lot of beautiful things, but ol’ wes’ virginny is it for me. Come on over, we’ll share some coffee and sit on the porch and listen to the wild birds. πŸ˜€

I currently only have about 50 roses in the yard. I was up to several hundred at one point but thinned them back to only the ones I truly love. My passion in roses is minis, lavender, and stripes. Doesn’t matter what kind, hybrid tead, grandifloria, single, it’s all good. I adore minis, and there are some really beautiful ones out there. I’ve been experimenting the last couple years with growing those indoors year round since they can be grown in pots and have had some decent success. I love going out in the summertime and bringing in a big bouquet of fresh cut roses, they just smell so wonderful. I’d suggest the minis for anyone who’s looking for a lot of beauty and sometimes fragrance for small spaces. I’ll post some rose pictures as well once I’m able. I’d love to be able to grow some Plumeria, but WV is just way too cold. I fell in love with those when we went to Hawaii earlier this year.

frozendragon
                Participant

Welcome I love roses…..they don’t grow here very well…although Serenity has some pretty ones…

I love WV that’s one place my parents were thinking of moving to….when they picked TX….I really wish they would have picked WV….

Bob

Poads?? What poads??
                    Welcome. I have all the dragons in all the production colors as far as the Emperor, Male, Mother, Young and Hatcher go except for the shopping list of the Golds and EmPae ones and the new Fire ones once they get out in full production.
                    I hope to have the Golds and EmPea ones this year some time but at $700 a family I need to get a lot more OT. I have 10 curls and that will soon be 13
                    I have pics in teh first show your Windstone Collection on page if you want to see a picture of a Brown and Green Emperor

Jasmine
                    Participant

Hi and welcome. You’ll be surprised at how fast your collection will grow. And it must really be nice to have a hubby that will support your habit. Mine just gives me the “look” to make me feel guilty. πŸ˜†

I haven’t even looked at the gallieries yet, I’ll have to grab a cup of coffee this evening and browse through there. I suppose I’ll need a bib? πŸ˜‰

I can post a few pictures now!

The fids:
                      Kizzy, female cinnamon greencheek conure. Undeniable ruler of the household, despite only weighing in at 69 grams.

Kiele, female maximillian’s pionus. I got her from a family down in NC that no longer wanted her, and drove 7 hours each way to pick her up. The love of my life, she loves head rubs and walnuts.

Gonzo, male dominant pied blue pacific parrotlet. He’s such an adorable little guy, and his colors are so beautiful.

Camilla, female green split blue pacific parrotlet.

Misses Peeps, female lady gouldian finch.

A few roses:
                      One of my hybrids I bred, no name. Hot pink with yellow stripes.

Miss Behavin’, hybrid tea.

A few minis in a shot glass.

Chicago Peace

Double Delight (phototropic)

Winter Sunset

Bob

VERY pretty roses!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.