fbpx

International Shipping

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone International Shipping

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

emerald212 wrote:

It’s one of the new Ebay rules going into effect on May 1st.

THANKS for letting me know!! That’s great πŸ™‚ Well it will suck after may 1st but at least I should be able to get the cash and pay these bills before they’re too far gone 😯 πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
    Participant

Here’s the note about the Safer Payment requirements that are ALREADY in effect.

Quote:

***Reminder: Safer Payments Requirements Go Into Effect on March 17th***

March 14, 2008 | 11:40AM PST/PT

John McDonald
      Hi everyone, I’m John McDonald with the US Trust and Safety team. As Jim Ambach, VP of Seller Experience, outlined in his announcement in January, we’re making some changes that are intended to make the buying experience on eBay better and safer. As part of this initiative, expanded safer payment requirements are scheduled to go into effect on March 17.
      Since January 2007, all new sellers have been required to offer PayPal or a merchant credit card as a payment option to their buyers. On March 17, this policy will be expanded to sellers or items when they meet one or more of the following conditions:

the seller has higher than 5% buyer dissatisfaction rates
        the seller has less than 100 feedback
        the items are listed in categories with higher rates of buyer complaints, including: Gift Certificates, Video Games, Cell Phones, Computers and Consumer Electronics.

In addition, for a small number of transactions that have a higher risk of buyer dissatisfaction, we may delay the release of funds paid through PayPal. This hold will be placed on only a small percentage of transactions for up to 21 days. Then the funds will be released if there is no dispute. The funds may be released earlier if the buyer leaves positive feedback, or if PayPal can confirm delivery of the item. Sellers enrolled in the PayPal Money Market Fund will earn interest on any pending funds in their PayPal accounts.

Your payments will not be held if you meet the following requirements:

You have been an eBay member for 6 months or more, and
        Your total Feedback score is 100 or greater, and
        Your buyer dissatisfaction percentage is less than 5%.

Or

Your average DSR is 4.5 or greater and
        Your have received 20 or more DSRs in the last 12 months.

I know that there have been questions among our Community about payment holds. Monroe Labouisse, my colleague at PayPal, explains holds in further detail on his post to the PayPal blog – I definitely encourage you to read it.

For more information about safer payment requirements in general, see the safer payments section of our FAQ.

Sincerely,

John McDonald
      eBay Trust & Safety

[/][/][/]

Sapphire
      Participant

I am one of the international bidders who bid on tadd2dcowgrls auctions . Having previously PM’d her about offers on pieces she was selling in the Flea Market forum I assumed she would also sell to me on E-bay , forgetting however that not many people would recognise my E-bay name & for that I apologise 😳 😳 😳 😳 ( profusely ) I also asked tadd2dcowgrl if she would tick the gift box & although it doesn’t seem to make much difference to the Custom guys in that I nearly always pay custom charges I did not think it through in regards to asking someone to commit fraud on my behalf 😯 . So if I have upset or offended anyone by asking them to tick the gift box I again apologise . I have now eaten so much humble pie that I’ve no room for chocolate πŸ˜₯ . Before I go to throw up in the corner ( humble pie sits heavy in the stomach ) I’d just like to publically acknowledge my shipping buddy who has helped my Windstone collection grow – you rock girl – YOU ARE PURE DEAD BRILLIANT πŸ˜† .

Considering that items shipped to Sapphire from me aren’t purchases through me, I feel pretty okay with marking gift. Especially since my time to make sure they are/were properly packed, transported to the shipper and mailed off are a gift.

Must be nice to be the customs people, you get to break into people’s belongings, and decide whether you will tax them some more when they already paid a small fortune to get their item to the country in the first place. Not to mention 90% of the time they do not repack it correctly and it arrives at the final destination broken, so in the end they get paid to break things!

Nope, I don’t like customs.

Kyrin

Maria
        Participant

Thank you very much for posting the quote, Pegasi. I have nothing to fear. πŸ˜€

Jodi
          Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Considering that items shipped to Sapphire from me aren’t purchases through me, I feel pretty okay with marking gift. Especially since my time to make sure they are/were properly packed, transported to the shipper and mailed off are a gift.

Must be nice to be the customs people, you get to break into people’s belongings, and decide whether you will tax them some more when they already paid a small fortune to get their item to the country in the first place. Not to mention 90% of the time they do not repack it correctly and it arrives at the final destination broken, so in the end they get paid to break things!

Nope, I don’t like customs.

Kyrin

I think you’re okay there too.

sapphire wrote:

I am one of the international bidders who bid on tadd2dcowgrls auctions . Having previously PM’d her about offers on pieces she was selling in the Flea Market forum I assumed she would also sell to me on E-bay , forgetting however that not many people would recognise my E-bay name & for that I apologise 😳 😳 😳 😳 ( profusely ) I also asked tadd2dcowgrl if she would tick the gift box & although it doesn’t seem to make much difference to the Custom guys in that I nearly always pay custom charges I did not think it through in regards to asking someone to commit fraud on my behalf 😯 . So if I have upset or offended anyone by asking them to tick the gift box I again apologise . I have now eaten so much humble pie that I’ve no room for chocolate πŸ˜₯ . Before I go to throw up in the corner ( humble pie sits heavy in the stomach ) I’d just like to publically acknowledge my shipping buddy who has helped my Windstone collection grow – you rock girl – YOU ARE PURE DEAD BRILLIANT πŸ˜† .

Hi! I don’t recognize this forum name either, I wouldn’t know from a PM that you were out of country. I guess next time on my auctions I will have to be more clear about the no out of country. But it’s ok it worked out I’m shipping him off to Kyrin πŸ™‚

sapphire wrote:

And have some chocolate! πŸ˜€

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.