fbpx

Intense Violet Emerald Peacock Dragons

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Intense Violet Emerald Peacock Dragons

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

darjeb
      Participant

My mother and father Intense Violet Emerald Peacock Dragons just arrived Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous. The browns are the only other mother and father I have because my favorites are the emperor (7) and the fledgling (11)

I know. I was shocked how pretty they were. Of course, I found my mother in a store.

Skigod377
        Participant

What? No pics? πŸ˜† COngrats! Mine is in the mail and I cant wait to see the difference.

skigod377 wrote:

What? No pics? πŸ˜† COngrats! Mine is in the mail and I cant wait to see the difference.

Do you have a newer Em Pea in something?

darjeb
          Participant

I have an emerald peacock fledgling but that is the only piece in that color I have.

Skigod377
            Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I dont know. I bought an Em pea mom when they first came out but I dont know which version she is. I am hoping that comparing her to the IVEP male I bought will clear up the mystery. I also just bought one of the original 10 young ones. I am guessing he will be intense, too.

skigod377 wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I dont know. I bought an Em pea mom when they first came out but I dont know which version she is. I am hoping that comparing her to the IVEP male I bought will clear up the mystery. I also just bought one of the original 10 young ones. I am guessing he will be intense, too.

I don’t think he’s that intense. I think the first 10 were darker, and had more purple than the new ones. But, I really don’t know how the signed 10 differed from the rest of them.

skigod377 wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I am pretty sure you can compare it to the pics of everyone elses. The purple in the newer ones are lighter. And where did you buy one of the young ones?

Hang on a minuter im really confused, there are three different colours now?
              The normal em pea the intense and a darker em pea on the 10 signed ones πŸ˜•

The intense ones (IVEP)were the first 10 that were auctioned off I believe. And now since Melody changed the color, it is the Emerald peaock. I hope that makes sense. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

The intense ones (IVEP)were the first 10 that were auctioned off I believe. And now since Melody changed the color, it is the Emerald peaock. I hope that makes sense. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

They were the first 10 as well as the first batch that were shipped to stores.

I honestly don’t know how many batches were made (if any) after the first batch until the color was muted to what it is now.

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

The “first 10 signed” ones were some of the first out of the original batch painted, and so had a bit more purple in them. As newer batches were painted, they drifted away from the purple. Since there have been so many requests for “MORE Purple!” Melody had a small set painted with a more vibrant purple, and more of it on the sculpt.

They are all really the same, except for the varying degrees of purple. Kind of like how some of the REALLY old greens are more lime and orange, where the “newer” ones have more of that deep apple green to them.

Also, Miss Meldoy just recently started “sprucing up” the “first 10 signed” pieces with the Wolf Griffins and the “Special” Gold OWs. She didn’t want to devalue the signed pieces by making them look like the regular production, so she added some little details to make them truely special and unique.

On a personal note, it makes it dificult for me as a collector, because now I have to have a family of the “signed” griffs and the regular production, because there is enough of a difference that I would like to have one of each. The gold OW isn’t such a big deal to have one of each because there isn’t really THAT much of a color difference. Anyway, I digress.

I know. It is harder as a collector to get all of those peices, the special ones, the signed ones, etc. But well worth it after. πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.