fbpx

Inspiration

Home Forums Administration Ask Maya Inspiration

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

So I’m going to start off the question threads…

Where do your ideas/inspirations come from? Several look alot like prehistoric Earth Mother/Goddess Figures but others are unique. I’m particularly interested in the Heron/Bird Woman figure in your gallery. What is the title and is there a story behind it?

Thanks! πŸ˜€

Participant

foxfeather wrote:

I’m particularly interested in the Heron/Bird Woman figure in your gallery. What is the title and is there a story behind it?

Yes, I would love to know about that one as well. πŸ˜€

John
          Keymaster

SilverArrow wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

I’m particularly interested in the Heron/Bird Woman figure in your gallery. What is the title and is there a story behind it?

Well, here’s the story. It wasn’t Maya’s piece. We made a mistake and posted an image of a sculpture by one of Maya’s friends that was on the disk she sent us. It’s close enough to Maya’s style that we didn’t catch it. Chessie has taken it down. oops.

Maria
            Participant

πŸ˜† Everyone was drooling over that one especially! Poor Maya.

Elena
              Participant

oh, well she can tell her friend that we all love it!! There is also the one of the lady with flowers in her hair, great detail!! how big is that piece? and on or a lady that looks like she’s kneeling that I really love. Though I love them all!

John wrote:

SilverArrow wrote:

foxfeather wrote:

Well, here’s the story. It wasn’t Maya’s piece. We made a mistake and posted an image of a sculpture by one of Maya’s friends that was on the disk she sent us. It’s close enough to Maya’s style that we didn’t catch it. Chessie has taken it down. oops.
                Darn, I didn’t get to see it.

Hi Foxfeather,

About inspiration.

Thanks for the thread. I seem to have a talent in translating some diffuse or hard to explain things into solid structure. Its a deeply satisfying thing for me to do. Further more and most important, I feel it absolutely necessary for everyone to follow ones inspiration. We all have a talent and in order to find our way we have to know who we are. That is a decision.

I came to study at Heartwood Institute for the Healing Arts in Garberville, CA. As I learned to connect to life and learning on that level of integrity, I decided to stay in Nordern California.

Sometimes one has to push through with the more unconventional ways.

Whatever issues or pains we are dealing with, there is a strength that needs to develop and grow to counterbalance. Those are the qualities I like to sculpt. I bring them into form and I would like for everyone to recognize the one or the other as something to hold and to buy into for a while. After all they are really not expensive.

stay inspired !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.