fbpx

Ike

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ike

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

2Huberts wrote:

Keschete lives in Houma, MS and I heard they were hit again. 🙁

Hey all! I am in Houma, LA (Terrebonne Parish) and we are alive…not good and a lot beat up, but still kicking.

I had 15K of damage between the two stoms and since Allstate doesn’t owe me a whole roof, since only half was missing, they gave me a 7K estimate. So with a 10K deductible…I get to pay to fix my stuff on my own.

I am a lot worn out, we finally got power back after about 1 1/2 weeks, and we missed almost 2 weeks of work.

Sorry it took me so long to post, I am just frustrated and disgusted. We had wind damage for Gustav and about 1/3rd of our parish got flooded. Thank God! I didn’t get flooded. So it could have been worse.

And the frustrating thing is that if you have a job and insurance they you don’t qulify for any help…unless you want an SBA loan.

But, when I see the people who got flooded, then I feel like I shouldn’t be complaining. Galveston and Bolivar and the lower parts of South Louisiana are a bigger mess than what I have.

I hope everyone is okay and safe and I hope no one on here got flooded, because that is worse than the wind damage.

Kaya

Gotta love insurance – not!

But I’m glad you are ok. That’s the most important thing!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.