fbpx

If a USPS package does not arrive yet tracking shows it was delivered-gctid82628

Home Forums If a USPS package does not arrive yet tracking shows it was delivered-gctid82628

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

I just spoke to a U.S. Postal Service representative who told me that if you are expecting an item of mail and do not receive it, yet the tracking says it was delivered, the first thing you should do is to go to the local post office and inquire about it. He said if something was wrong with the address, the package will probably be back at the post office the next day waiting to be dealt with.

Sometimes the carrier accidentally scans packages delivered when they are undeliverable (and I’ve seen them accidentally scan them delivered while they were picking them up from us – its a very easy mistake to make!). He said that its worth the trip to the Post Office – you can often receive your package much more quickly that way. If you have the telephone number for your local post office that works too, however I know those are often automated – you need to have the number that gets you a real person and it sometimes takes a little doing to acquire that number – but again, Worth It. The person you would ask for at the post office is the Delivery Supervisor.

Let’s hope no one ever needs this information, however I thought that if I wrote it down, maybe I’d remember it better too!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.