fbpx

…I smell fish.

Home Forums Miscellany Community …I smell fish.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

So. This new job? There’s something fishy about it. I just can’t put my finger on it…

… But the great news?

…is I get all the fresh sushi I want.

-Dark_Zorse, official Scientific Aid for the California Department of Fish and Game.

laphon1
    Participant

That fish looks to be only two bites! Nice pics. You seem to be enjoying yourself hugely. Where were you? That place looks lovely.

siberakh1
      Participant

Sweet! Congrats! I’d love to be outside for my work, but they pay me to be inside! Bah! Stupid servers not being able to stand a little sunshine and heat.

Kewl! I have the same glasses (my lense shape is even the same, or pretty darn close at least). They’re great (only second imho to my contacts 8)).

Maria
        Participant

Man, Zorse, I really envy you your job. It looks like so much fun.

Purplecat
          Participant

lol…little fishie! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

OOH! I love sushi!! πŸ˜† What a great job, being outside with the wildlife! What kind of fish are you holding?

lamortefille
              Participant

It looks like you are having a blast! πŸ˜€ Lucky you!

purpledragonclaw wrote:

OOH! I love sushi!! πŸ˜† What a great job, being outside with the wildlife! What kind of fish are you holding?

The top picture features a tui chub. An important prey species of the rainbow trout. The bottom picture is a golden shiner – a very common invasive species.

And while it is great getting to work outdoors, the part you don’t get to see is the part where you are freezing your you-know-whats off crunching through snow, or slogging through mud, or getting eaten alive my mosquitos…

Personally, I love every minute, being a masochist for the great outdoors. But it is not for the weak-of-heart, or those afraid to break a nail or two.

Duld
                Participant

by the looks of your picture, you frose of your you know whats before you were born πŸ˜€

anyhow congrats

Katherine
                  Participant

That really sound like a job I’d love! I’m not sure about the freezing part, but I could handle it O believe! πŸ˜€ What do you do usually on a daily basis, and are there any rare, but fun job pluses?

Nails???? FINGER nails?!!?! What are those? πŸ˜†
                    I work in the environmental field, so yeah, I hear you on the freezing the you know whats off. πŸ˜›
                    Or in the case of our most recent weather, sweating the you know whats off. Can we all say gatorade? Bleah!

Maria
                    Participant

dark_zorse wrote:

And while it is great getting to work outdoors, the part you don’t get to see is the part where you are freezing your you-know-whats off crunching through snow, or slogging through mud, or getting eaten alive my mosquitos…

I still think I’d trade. How did you get into that line of work anyway?

darjeb
                      Participant

Sounds like you LANDED a great job

That looks like it would be one of those fulfilling jobs that you hate when it gets to be less then perfect conditions. But at the end of the day you still feel good about it.

I want an indoor lab job personally. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.