I need your help! (with the Grab Bag Directories)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags I need your help! (with the Grab Bag Directories)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Hi guys! I am in the process of moving my website to a new place and format, and that also means I am moving and updating the Grab Bag Directories! Exciting, right? XD

I am in the process of going through LOTS of old emails to make sure I am including all of the pictures that you guys have sent me over the years, and I need your help identifying what batches some of these little guys belong to! If you are willing to give it a gander and help out, please check them out here:

http://www.cuddlyclay.com/grab-bag-baby-unicorns/

They are at the top of the page there, and I have tried to put them in the order I think they came out if I had to take a guess, but it’s always best to get a second opinion and after scouring emails to find these guys, then cropping pictures, once I get to identifying when they came out I’m going a little cross eyed XD

ALSO – These are all of the Baby Unicorns that I was able to find in my emails. If your baby is NOT in the directory and you’d like him or her to be, please EMAIL me (atoadaso [at] gmail (dot) com) with “GRAB BAG DIRECTORY” somewhere in your email, and include a picture of the display side of your piece as well as what batch they came from (you can include the date – if you are not sure, I will add them to the “lost” category at the top so we can get some help figuring out where they belong).

Likewise, if you see your baby in the wrong batch, please let me know! You can email me, PM me, or reply to this thread if you just need to let me know that your babe is in the wrong place (for quick identification, please let me know the date of the batch the baby currently is in, as well as a brief description and the proper batch they should be in). If you are sending me pictures, please EMAIL me instead of PMing me, because those are MUCH harder to track down and a lot get lost. Also, please keep in mind that these galleries (other than the “Lost” at the top) are RANDOMIZED every time you reload the page, so telling me “The blue baby in the second column is in the wrong batch” won’t help because I see a different baby than you do in that spot πŸ™‚

This is a work in progress, and I will be updating this thread as I move along to other pages (I still have Mini Keepers, Poads, Young unicorns, and Wolves to add to the galleries).

I am also still open to starting new galleries. It looks like the Colt gallery is a go since I do have enough pictures to create one. I will very likely NOT do any of the other Pebbles in a gallery, and the reason for that is that they don’t tend to have enough detail and differences between them to warrant the amount of time it takes to get the gallery together and keep it updated. I love the pebbles, but I would rather spend my time on the Grab Bags that are starkly different from each other and from each batch to the next.

Currently, I am planning to create a gallery for the following:
      GRAB BAG COLTS
      GRAB BAG STANDING KIRINS

I am NOT likely to create galleries for the following:
      TAD POADS (Oh my gosh, too many of them!!)
      BABY POADS (MAYBE for the Hippies, but the Hoppies are too many and too similar)
      PEBBLE LADY CATS
      PEBBLE RED FOXES
      PEBBLE SITTING FOXES
      PEBBLE BAT EARED FOXES
      PEBBLE FENNEC FOXES
      PEBBLE ARCTIC FOXES

I am still up in the air about these, but if I can get enough pictures submitted I would be willing to create galleries for:

GRAB BAG GOTHIC UNICORNS
      GRAB BAG COUGARS
      GRAB BAG FAT CATS
      GRAB BAG ADULT POADS
      GRAB BAG BABY PEGASI
      GRAG BAG TANUKIS

As always, if you have any suggestions on how things look, please let me know! If you are dying for me to create a gallery of one of the sculpts that I have listed as a “not planning on it” above, feel free to argue why I should do it! And if you are willing to have your guys in ANY of the galleries, please email me your pictures! There are some batches of Grab Bags that I have very little or no pictures for, and I’d love to continue fleshing these pages out πŸ™‚

Thanks for all of your help as always, everyone!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kathleen
      Participant

Wow Hannah! Thank you very much for doing this. Its greatly appreciated. πŸ™‚
        I love looking at the directory.

Natasha
        Participant

Thanks Hannah! It’s looking great! I just sent you off a ton of my baby uni pics. There’s one that you already have in the photos, but I thought I had a clearer pic so I sent it along with the rest. Thanks for putting this all together.

Do you want us to start sending pics of the colts yet, or should we hold off while you work on this one?

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
          Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
          Mother: Okapi
          Gothic - Mahogany
          PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
          DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Hannah
          Participant

Send pics of Colts and Kirins right away if you’d like them in the Directory – anything in the “maybe” lists hold off on πŸ™‚

Thanks guys!!

Hannah
            Participant

Thanks for the help Kim! I’ll move those guys around tomorrow πŸ™‚

Also, to clarify with the Colts because there have been some questions – I am going to create the gallery using pictures of them facing the right, like in the following picture:

Same with the Kirins – if you’d like to have your Grab Bag Kirins featured, please send in pictures of the sides where they are facing the right, like in this picture:

I am also still not sure about creating any more directories at the moment so please send pictures of Colts and Kirins first and foremost of the pieces that don’t currently have galleries! You can send me pictures of other Grab Bags as well but since I am not planning on creating directories for these right away it may be better to hold off so they don’t get lost in my inbox πŸ™‚

Thanks again guys!!

Kim
              Blocked

Hi Hannah. Thanks for updating and doing more directories! I have more pictures to send you! I have some info too on where some babies belong. In the Dec. 2012 batch photos, the little orange tiger second row from the bottom in the middle, actually belongs in the Feb. 2013 batch with the lichens and leaves. We got that one directly from that batch. (It was later sold.)

In the lost batch, the magenta pink one with black stripes, fourth row from the bottom in the middle belongs in the Jan. 2012 batch. There is a another photo of it there fourth down from the top, in the middle that is a little more blurry if you just want to replace the photo with the one that’s a bit more clear.

In the lost batch, all the lichens and leaves on the right side belong in the Feb. 2013 batch. The only one on the right that doesn’t belong in that batch is the brown uni at the very top that belongs in the April 2012 batch.

Also in the lost batch, the safari in the bottom row in the middle belongs in the April 2012 batch. All the colourful ones in the middle starting with the one third from the top, down to the one second from the bottom all belong in the Jan. 2012 batch.

Also in the lost batch, the palomino in the top row in the middle and the brown paint in the bottom row on the left both belong in the April 2013 batch. I am not sure about the rest but I would think some of the other naturals are also from that batch.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Hannah
                Participant

Also in the lost batch, the palomino in the top row in the middle and the brown paint in the bottom row on the left both belong in the April 2013 batch. I am not sure about the rest but I would think some of the other naturals are also from that batch.

OK, so while I was moving the rest of them around I lost my place on them! XD
                  The way the galleries now work, it’s really difficult to tell what unicorn you mean when there are a few similar ones around it, because the positioning may look a little different to everyone depending on how you are viewing them. The most accurate way to tell me what unicorn you mean is actually going to be if you click or tap on the unicorn that you’re talking about, it will show you the “larger” image of the unicorn. In the lower left corner you can see the file name, which is usually just a random name that I gave the unicorn when I was saving the file. If you can tell me that name, I can find the unicorns much easier!

I also moved the rest of them except the ones mentioned in that last paragraph accordingly so let me know if I messed anything up and I’ll keep on it πŸ™‚

Thanks again for the help everyone! I am continuing to work on these today πŸ™‚

EDIT:
                  Phew! OK! I have updated the Baby gallery again. I went to see if the Okapi that I had listed in the April 2013 gallery was right, because it seemed so different from the rest.. I didn’t see her in the class picture so I moved her to the Safari batch from 2012. Someone correct me if I am wrong about that though!
                  Since I went looking for the Okapi in the old 2013 thread I started noticing lots of people adding permissions for me to use their images in there so I just started grabbing those as I saw them. I recall now, I had lost a friend just when those came out and adding them to the gallery really went to the wayside at that time. I never picked it back up, and I’m sorry to anyone who was looking forward to seeing their images up so long ago! They should be in there now, unless I missed anyone (entirely possible).

I’ll be taking a break from these for the rest of the day, but I’ll keep adding, updating and creating more galleries over the next few days πŸ™‚

Thanks everyone for your help!

Sikek
                  Participant

Glad to see the directories being updated again.
                    I’ll try and send in some more pictures if I can find the time.

As for identifying unis;

This one is my 2012 Safari uni.

Natasha
                    Participant

The gallery looks great and is nicely filled out. Great work!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                      ANY Red Eyed Unis
                      ANY Test Paint Bat
                      UNIS:
                      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                      Male- Snow Leopard TP
                      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                      Mother: Okapi
                      Gothic - Mahogany
                      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Aggie83
                      Participant

I just looked at the gallery. You have been a VERY busy girl. Thanks so much for all your hard work, Hannah, I love being able to see so many so easily.

pony-up
                        Participant

I’m fairly sure that many of the babies you have listed for June 2011 are actually from the earliest “goof up” batch. Also, some of the babies listed for August of 2011 should go in June of that year. I know one of my babies is shown (the one dubbed “fox”) and he is from June. Didn’t all of the babies in the August 2011 batch have the dusting of magic invisible paint or else were painted in metallic paint? I have several from that group and they are all “mild fantasy” natural.

Whenever the weather and my job cooperate I will have a big photo shoot and send you pics of all my unis as I only see a few here. πŸ™‚

Kim
                          Blocked

Thanks for updating everything Hannah. I didn’t see the part before where you said the photos are randomized but the only one left that I had mentioned in the lost batch is the brightest picture with the paint horse, ‘Patches’ that belongs in the April 2013 batch.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Hannah
                            Participant

I’m so glad that you guys are enjoying it – that makes all the work worth it πŸ™‚

I have added a Colts section, but it could certainly use more images! Thanks again to everyone who has submitted images so far πŸ˜€

http://www.cuddlyclay.com/grab-bag-unicorn-colts/

I’m fairly sure that many of the babies you have listed for June 2011 are actually from the earliest “goof up” batch. Also, some of the babies listed for August of 2011 should go in June of that year. I know one of my babies is shown (the one dubbed “fox”) and he is from June. Didn’t all of the babies in the August 2011 batch have the dusting of magic invisible paint or else were painted in metallic paint? I have several from that group and they are all “mild fantasy” natural.

Whenever the weather and my job cooperate I will have a big photo shoot and send you pics of all my unis as I only see a few here. πŸ™‚

Thanks Pony-up!

Yeah, the problem with the earliest batches is that its SO hard to tell the difference between them! With some of the natural ones you can tell because Melody started using stencils so lots of them have much cleaner lines, but she still did some without stencils in those batches too, so it’s difficult to tell which belongs where!

Do you know of any of them specifically other than “fox” that should be moved? Barring people confirming because they own the piece, what do you guys think would be a good solution? Should I have a gallery at the bottom that is basically every “early” grab bag? Does someone want to do a little research and see if they can confirm certain unis for certain batches by looking at past threads or class pics?

EDIT: Kim and Pony-Up, I have made the changes you mentioned πŸ™‚

Hannah
                              Participant

I have added the Kirin page as well, and it definitely needs more images!

http://www.cuddlyclay.com/grab-bag-standing-kirins/

Mercury Star
                                Participant

Hopefully I will be able to get a new camera soon, and when that happens I will take photos of my grab bag pieces.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.