fbpx

I need a better job. >

Home Forums Miscellany Community I need a better job. >

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I work the night shift at a gas station (when I’m not substituting high school classes), and it often sucks. The pay is better than the day shifts, and I don’t have to deal with annoying coworkers/customers face to face, but it’s still pretty lame.

I need to find something art related in this godforsaken valley. Visiting the factory was torture. I wish we had places like that around. I could deal with airbrushing stuff for 8 hours a day. >.>

Maria
    Participant

I can’t offer any suggestions, but I would like to know where your siggie quote came from. πŸ˜›

Hee! It’s a Devendra Banhart song, “Little Yellow Spider.”

Maebnus
      Participant

Odd song, that. I kinda like it. Haven’t heard anything else from him tho.

Any chance of air brushing designs on cars? Any factories in the area? I worked on the assembly line for Revlon for awhile. And while I HATED it (the smell of Charlie makes me sick, if they even still make it) it payed well. And working second shift gave me time in the morning to do stuff.

I’m not a car person per say. Around here, there isn’t a lot factory wise, except stock plants for Micheals and Rite Aid (which are very finicky with hiring people). I live in the Antelope Valley, which is…well…special. Ideally I would be able to commute to somewhere better, but I don’t have my own car yet.

Purplecat
        Participant

Cake decorating is what I learned airbrushing on. Any walmart or place that sells decorated cakes would be a cool place to start. They usually train on site too. πŸ™‚

Oh man…I would love to get into pastry/cake decorating. I have a BFA in three dimensional art, which helps int that field.

DantheDragon
          Participant

Ohhh I second food decorating! I used to work at a Cookies by Design when I was 18 or so, and it paid decently and I got to draw all day (with icing).

Purplecat
            Participant

I loved it, I learned alot of hand control and it’s alot of fun. πŸ˜€

DantheDragon wrote:

Ohhh I second food decorating! I used to work at a Cookies by Design when I was 18 or so, and it paid decently and I got to draw all day (with icing).

Oh, man, my favorite cookies! We used to get some at work every Christmas and I would trade stuff to people to get their cookies! Then the place that sent the cookies started sending us fruit instead. πŸ˜₯ Better for the hips but not for the soul. I can’t believe you used to work for them.

I’ve never had the cookies by the website is making me drool. πŸ˜›

Skigod377
              Participant

Cake decorating would be alot of fun! My mom dabbled in that for a bit and she enjoyed it immensly!

laphon1
                Participant

Thanks for the link DantheDragon. There’s a Cookies by Design near me. Guess where I’m going?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.