fbpx

"I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.5

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone "I Just Bought A–" Celebration thread, v.5

Viewing 13 posts - 721 through 733 (of 733 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

Mmmm. Soooo pretty!

I will soonly be adding a JADE kinglet! I dont remember ever seeing one before! ๐Ÿ˜€

He can keep my jade scratcher company ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicole
      Participant

hmm not to be the downer, but i’m pretty sure he’s not a jade. I checked out his auction too and compared him to my jade empress and the true jades don’t have any of the lime green on them. The kinglet has it on his hands and behind his eyes. I do think though he ended up with more jade shading than a normal kinglet. Sorry to be so technical but im always on the look out to add more jades to my family of three and a half. I’d definitely like to see pictures when you get him to have a more accurate look at him. I think his auction picture is deceptively dark, but he looks like one of the more pretty emerald kinglets i’ve ever seen.

Lupuslunae
        Participant

oh, now I am confused. I remember when they got rid of the old green, dragons then came out in emerald, much darker than old green and with red not orange eyes. When did the jade color happen? And where can I find some pics of it?

kitsunelady
          Participant

I’m not sure the Jade variation of the Emeralds was deliberate, except maybe on the Oriental (he’s just way too different to be a ‘happy accident’). It ‘happened’ at the same time as the regular Emeralds…although whether it was the ‘original’ version – in the way that orange eyes/yellow jewels were the first version of Emeralds, as opposed to red eyes/red jewels they ended up with – or just an ‘accident’ somewhere in the middle of their production period – who knows?
            Either way, here’s a picture of both colors on the same sculpt, next to each other. These were sized for the old forum, so I just linked it rather than giving you a cut-off picture.

Emerald is on the left, jade is on the right.
            http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/limerance/windstone/dragons/?action=view&current=Dsc00946.jpg

Also a picture of the Orientals :
            http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/limerance/windstone/dragons/?action=view&current=Dsc00754.jpg

Lupuslunae
            Participant

Thanks for clearing that up for me =D

Yay, I got a surprise baby unicorn this time! But when I went to tell my dragons they would have a new friend…well, maybe I should keep the unicorns in a separate cabinet…

102_1566

Jasmine
              Participant

Guess the dragons don’t think that’s a good idea!! Love it!! J)

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Ah well. Even if he’s not a Jade, he’s still pretty and I dont have but the one kinglet in rainbow, so I’m glad for him anyway. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lupuslunae
                  Participant

Red Fire Rising Spectral and the baby uni got here today =D I’ve wanted the Rising Spectral for awhile now because I can’t fit an emperor in my case, and the RS’s pose is similar…and he is the biggest dragon I can fit in my case!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54679941@N04/5575027167/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54679941@N04/5575026895/in/photostream/

Hannah
                    Participant

Oooh, is that one of the grab bag unis? He’s so cute!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

Yeah, just got him today, and he gets cuter each time I look at him. Might just make me have to start collecting a few unicorns to keep these dragons in line…

Heather
                        Participant

Well, I have succumbed to temptation again . . . Purpleturtle’s Yenru. When he listed the first time, I thought, “Huh, he’s gorgeous. He’ll shoot the moon for sure.” Then he re-listed, and I thought, “I really can’t spend the money right now.” And then he listed yet again, and I thought, “Okay, you can’t expect this to keep happening. Either bid, you fool, or admit that dropping a watermelon on your foot would be more pleasant than missing out on this wolf.”

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on one of Purpleturtle’s marvellous PYOs from day one, and just haven’t had the luck in the bidding. But this time, this time it worked! ๐Ÿ˜€

Adaneth
                          Participant

Congrats, Barrdwing! That beautiful wolf certainly deserved to get snapped up! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

We have a new thread for this! Please post your new brags over here:
                              http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forum/show-your-collection-v6

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 13 posts - 721 through 733 (of 733 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.