fbpx

I hit a cat last night :(

Home Forums Miscellany Community I hit a cat last night :(

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Laurie
      Participant

with the medic unit. I’m so sick right now. I tried to stop to avoid her but she came out of the pitch blackness and I had a patient in the back so I couldn’t slam the brakes like I wanted to or else I would have severely injured my partner. It didn’t help that I had the patients drunken family member riding in the front with me who started to flip out yelling the started praying in tongues πŸ˜• The only solace I have is that it must have been quick and I don’t believe she suffered. I’ve never hit an animal before and this is the number one reason I don’t let my cat outside.

****hugs**** It may sound harsh but it was definitely better that it was the cat rather then your partner or the patient.

But it still sucks, I know πŸ™

I’m sorry Laurie, sometimes there is simply nothing you can do. Most of my cat hits have been because the darn thing just dashed out of nowhere under the car. Why can’t animals comprehend that they were safe just where they were, why do they always try to dash to the other side of the road? Anyway, don’t beat yourself up, it was unavoidable.

*Hugs*

Kyrin

darjeb
        Participant

I’m sorry for the way you must feel

I’m sorry you’re feeling badly about the cat. But I’m glad you had the presence of mind to keep from hurting yourself, your patient, and your partner. Many people would have just instinctively slammed on the brakes and possibly hurt someone.

Don’t beat yourself up too much. Sometimes things like this just happen.

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

*hugs*
            I am really sorry PD. πŸ™
            there is nothing you could have done.*lots of snugs*

Katherine
            Participant

It’s okay. I know it’s so hard to think about what could have been, you know-“what if?” but it wasn’t your fault.
              *hugs*

*Sends lotsa hugs* It’s the worst feeling when this happens (No matter what animal it is, and especially if it is your absolute favorite animal in the whole world). I know, and I definately feel for you. I love all my kitties, and although for many years I avoided ever hitting one, I hit one last year, and I still feel bad about it. It would be nice if people thought as much about the cat’s they buy and discard as they do the dogs…But then again, if people kept their pets and treate them kindly, there wouldn’t be needs for shelters or humane societies or pounds now would there? I don’t care if I am alergic to my cats, they stay, and I get meds. 😈

Setsunawolf
              Participant

*hugs* I hope this will make you laugh. I was relieved when I realized it was a cat you were talking about…I misread the title and I thought it said I hit a car last night and I was thinking, Oh my God, I hope everyone was alright. πŸ™„ I’m dyslexic in real life and misread stuff like that all the time…Hope that helps πŸ™‚ It really wasn’t your fault.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.