fbpx

I &$%* Give up!!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone I &$%* Give up!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    Participant

Okay – I really didn’t need this today. I purchased a Peacock Emperor on ebay for 160 dollars total – awesome, right? Well, go figure – the seller did a crappy job packing and I got a damaged item. A chipped horn and, what appears to be saran-wrap, fused to everywhere on my dragon. The dragon was packed in three boxes, but despite this – it was allowed to rattle around in the box. I’m not sure what the seller was thinking when she wrapped him in saran-wrap. I’m so sick of this crap! I can’t afford to buy this guy at the regular price. I’m so depressed. I did contact the seller and sent her pictures of the damage. I really don’t want to send him back, because I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to find this guy again at a price I can afford. I think I could even fix him – but I bought a new dragon. This sucks. Sorry, I just needed to complain.

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Anonymous

Augh! Sorry to see that happened! I sent you a PM.

dragonmedley
          Participant

The same thing happened to me when I won my Green male; I got a partial refund and I just fixed him. See if you could do the same. How much would you have paid for him in this state?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Kalandra wrote:

Augh! Sorry to see that happened! I sent you a PM.

Really? I didn’t receive it :scratch: .

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

The same thing happened to me when I won my Green male; I got a partial refund and I just fixed him. See if you could do the same. How much would you have paid for him in this state?

I remember – actually I was worried I’d have the same thing happen to me. I haven’t heard back from the seller yet – I’m not sure if she will give me a partial refund, but I’d be happy with that. I don’t want to go through the freaking headache of shipping him back to. I would probably be willing to pay for half of his cost, considering how much work it’s going to take to fix him. The horn is not a a major problem, but that damn wrap she used is actually fused to many parts of his body. I’ve spent the last couple of hours carefully coaxing it off, but it’s hopelessly adhered to some areas – namely his chest where it’s the most noticeable πŸ™„ . Augh! So frustrating 😑 .

machineguts
                Participant

Wow. I’m sorry that happened to you, PT! πŸ™

dragonmedley
                  Participant

On a more hidden part (in case mine is not a good idea), try warming up the saran wrap with a blow-dryer and see if the heat gets it to come off. No guarantees, though!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

On a more hidden part (in case mine is not a good idea), try warming up the saran wrap with a blow-dryer and see if the heat gets it to come off. No guarantees, though!

Thanks – I’ll try that πŸ˜€ .

Nicole
                      Participant

Wow that is aweful, especially when you are expecting mint. I know how you are feeling. I hope it gets resolved in your favor πŸ™

dragonmedley wrote:

That is what I was going to suggest…The paint shouldn’t come off as easily as the wrap. It’s so sad that people who have no clue what these are are selling them left and right and not listening to people even when they specify packing instructions. :negative:

Skigod377
                        Participant

I was gonna offer an emerald emp at a good price but I dont think we can solidify a deal before I leave tomorrow. Im sorry about your emp and I hope the seller can fix this.

PurpleTurtle
                          Participant

Thanks guys πŸ˜€ .
                            Well, I managed to get most of the wrap off, bit there is a lot of bits that simply won’t budge. I actually lifted a few bits of the paint off with it to. Agh. Still, he’s looking better. As for the seller, she seems to think she did a great job packing and the wrap will come off easy with water( it doesn’t). I have to admit, she did make a valiant – but amateurish, attempt at packing. She also wrote fragile on the package. The post office definitely abused this box a bit. I’m positive that’s how the horn got smashed. It sucks, because I meant to e-mail her the packing tutorial, but I couldn’t find it before she sent the package out πŸ™„ .
                            I thought about requesting a refund, but decided to leave that option to her. From her response, it seems she doesn’t think she’s responsible at all. I got this guy for deal, and even though I bought him mint, I’m willing to cut my losses and try to repair him for the sake of staying out of an argument. I explained the damage in detail and even gave her the link (after the fact πŸ™„ ) so if she sells more of these guys she’ll know how to pack them. I’m still bummed, but heck – she may respond and offer to give me a partial refund. I’m not gonna hold my breath, though. I just don’t feel like getting into an back and fourth scenario. Does that make sense :shrug: ?

Skigod377
                            Participant

Can you try to claim the insurance? As for the seller, you should def point out the damage the saran wrap caused, if it caused any lasting paint problems. That is totally on her.

Maria
                              Participant

Saran wrap? People wrap statues in saran plastic? πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.