fbpx

I changed my forum name, but I'm still the same person. :)

Home Forums Miscellany Community I changed my forum name, but I'm still the same person. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

Formerly known as Dragonlove……new name is Chloe!

Maybe it’s kind of silly to start a thread on this, but I guess I’m a silly gal. I joined this forum a year and a half ago….and really had no intent to participate to the extent that I have. This forum is unlike any other forum I have been privy to, and is really a great place. I am immensely enjoying my time here, and have met some wonderful people.

Anyhow, when I signed up I chose a rather generic name, Dragonlove…..and though I DO love dragons, the name really never felt “right” to me and seemed too….cumbersome. Therefore I am changing my name.

Chloe was my first baby with my husband, an adorable short-legged rat terrier, white with brown spots. She passed away in the summer of 2011 and I miss her every single day. In honor of her, I would like to be known as “Chloe”. πŸ™‚

I am going to post a couple of classified ads, so this was kind of a heads-up that it is still me. I will leave my avatar picture the same so that it will be easier to associate, but will probably change that to a picture of my Chloe. πŸ™‚

Sorry to waste your time on a new thread…..

Chloe
      Participant

Here’s my baby girl…..this first pic will probably be my avatar eventually. πŸ™‚
         photo 001700x525_zps5c9df0bf.jpg
         photo 008700x525_zps32b6f313.jpg

Amy
        Participant

Thanks for letting us know. I know I have a hard enough time keeping up with people’s names, even when they don’t change them. πŸ˜›

I think that’s a sweet reason to change your name, and I’m sorry for your loss. πŸ™ She’s a real cutie pie. I’m sure she’s a tail-wagging little angel who’s waiting for you right now.

Kim
          Blocked

That’s a cute puppy and nice name to honor her memory.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lorie
            Participant

I think that is a wonderful reason to change your forum name. She’s beautiful, and am very sorry for your loss of your baby. My avatar is my “Marcus” that passed away in March of 2010. I still miss him very much. This way he is always with me.

rock-reader
              Participant

Thanks for letting us know about your forum name change, Chloe, and I too empathize with you over your loss. I joined the forum about 9 months ago and only recently added an avatar. He was my best friend growing up, a flea bitten gray point appaloosa named Platinum Pants Brother. We called him ‘Pache (his owner before us had a superstition that her horses would live long happy lives if their names started with “P”. She had Peacock, Pensive and ‘Pache, from Apache. She was right, at least in ‘Pache’s case: he died peacefully at 29 years old) It’s nice to see his picture every time I come on the forum….

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

I’m glad you started a thread to let us know! I probably would have been looking at the forum going, “Hey! She stole Dragonlove’s avatar! How rude!” LOL πŸ™‚

Kathleen
                  Participant

AWWW what a cutie. πŸ™‚

I’m glad you started a thread to let us know! I probably would have been looking at the forum going, “Hey! She stole Dragonlove’s avatar! How rude!” LOL πŸ™‚

LOL…I saw one of the classifieds before I looked at the thread, and had exactly this reaction. πŸ™‚

Falcolf
                    Participant

Chloe is so cute! Very nice reason to change your name. πŸ™‚

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Chloe
                      Participant

This made me laugh! πŸ˜€ That tiger little rock is mine, mine, mine!!! πŸ˜€

Thank you everyone for the support and condolences. πŸ™‚ I love this place!

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Awwwww…. such a cute little daughter!
                          Yes, we pet parents never forget our children – what a nice memory and tribute. πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Gary
                          Participant

Aww, what a lovely tribute to your pet!

*giggles* I don’t think it would go over so well if I tried it though. Should I use “Crankypants” “Braindead” “Thud” or “MegaPregga”?

We have… a lot of animals, and the names can get creative at times. Sometimes a random nickname sticks. Crankypants in the possum, who bites my wife everytime she puts her hand in the cage. (I won’t touch the beast). Braindead is the hamster who fell off a table as a youngster, cracked his skull, stopped his heart, I had to give him a good whack (aka, hamster CPR) to get him to breathe again… then he seizured and he hasn’t been quite right ever since. Thud was the dummy frog who had a great big tank to jump around in, and he always jumped the short way and went “Thud” into the glass. And Mega Pregga, the guinea pig, who consistently delivers six gigantic babies every time. She ends up like a dinner plate unable to walk every time, too.

Chloe
                            Participant

Jordan, your post had me laughing! I too have had some dysfunctional family members of the animal variety. They make for great entertainment. πŸ˜€

As to which name you should use, it could depend on the day! πŸ˜€ Some days I’m Crankypants and some days I’m Braindead. Some days I’m Platinum Pants! But, I am NEVER Mega Pregga. Never.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

This made me laugh! πŸ˜€ That tiger little rock is mine, mine, mine!!! πŸ˜€

Thank you everyone for the support and condolences. πŸ™‚ I love this place!

You know I was just thinking that same thing until I looked in my private messages. I was like “who the hell is Chloe and how have I been having a conversation with her?! *face palm*

Oh yes, and Jordan’s post also had me rolling! I have a Pomeranian named Poopie… seemed like a good idea at the time, (since she was just the most adorable little poopie when she was a puppy) but in retrospect, when your on the stoop yelling at 2 am at a now 15 year old half blind, half deaf dog to come in the house “POOP!!! POOPIE!!! GET OVER HERE POOPIE” It makes for great entertainment as I am told by my neighbors.

We also had a cat named Stinky who smelled like a garbage heep, and another cat named Stash who loved to steal things and hide them.

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.