fbpx

I am trying to think happy thoughts…kitties?

Home Forums Miscellany Community I am trying to think happy thoughts…kitties?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

Katherine
      Participant

I hate water….the pipe for my hose cracked and so when I was outside hosing away dirt on my house the kitchen and spare room flooded! I walked into a lake, and I was so mad. There are so many things wrong with this stupid house. I traded our surround sound to get a guy to fix the pipe, but I don’t have much else to trade for the other misc. projects. It seems like all of the things wrong with this house involves water somehow.

When the guy (named Chuck Boy) came to fix the pipe, it turns out that he has many years of experience working construction. He was very personable too because he would tell me what he was doing and why he was doing it. Since he seemed to know a lot more than just pipes, I was telling him all of the other things that is wrong with this house. He informed me that the area that I live in does not have any laws that require construction companies to build to code. Also, our house has many things about it that is not built to code. After talking to Chuck about the multiple things wrong with my house, he looked at them and told me what should have been done, and the poor condition that they were in. In fact, there were so many things wrong with my house that he has offered to come over on Friday to do a walkthrough of everything that needs to be fixed and things that will cause me problems in the near future. He will let me know prices and everything. That way, I can gradually get the funds to fix these things one by one.
        I will have to write up a contract before I have him fix the rest of this stuff. He has his own business, but he just started it. He says that he hasn’t had the time to come up with a contract yet, so I mentioned that I might be able to type up one that will fit his requirements. The good news is that his prices are really reasonable, and I think that is due to the fact that he has a new business, but I think that after the walkthrough, I will still call other contractors and get their quotes. Chuck did such a nice job with the pipe that I know that he will do a great job.

I am very mad that the company that “remodeled” our house decided to do a very poor job. It ticks me off that we have to shell out money that we don’t have to fix things that could have been prevented. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Pardon my venting, but I was hoping that someone might have some advice for me?

Stephanie
        Participant

Yikes! No advice, but it sounds like you have found a great guy in Chuck! I do think it’s a good idea to get other quotes and opinions, though.

Good luck!

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

I agree with Stephanie. I have never heard of an area that does not require companies to build to code.

Do you rent or own? If you are buying your own home than your home owners ins might cover some cost. If you rent than your landlord may be responsible for maintenance repairs.

Katherine
            Participant

khat7 wrote:

Do you rent or own? If you are buying your own home than your home owners ins might cover some cost. If you rent than your landlord may be responsible for maintenance repairs.

I own it. I didn’t even think about it! I will have to check my deductible-so hopefully it isn’t too much.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

I’m sorry. I feel you a bit. Last night, after a lifetime of owning multiple fish tanks, for the first time I had a leak. My 55 gallon tank is all over my living room and finished basement… everything smells of mildew. I’m very depressed about this.

The good news, if any, is that the fish are okay.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Katherine
                Participant

Jennifer wrote:

I’m sorry. I feel you a bit. Last night, after a lifetime of owning multiple fish tanks, for the first time I had a leak. My 55 gallon tank is all over my living room and finished basement… everything smells of mildew. I’m very depressed about this.

The good news, if any, is that the fish are okay.
                  ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Oh my goodness! I am super glad about the fish-but like you said, I am feeling ya…it is not fun. ๐Ÿ™

Katherine
                  Participant

More fun news-my hubby is on disability because of an accident that he had a month or two ago at work. His work is working him like a dog-10 times more than before-just so that workman’s comp doesn’t have to kick in. However, for some stupid reason he only got 200 dollars for his paycheck for the last two weeks! I am so mad! On top of that-the tv burned out about 20 minutes ago. It was my main escape from reality. ๐Ÿ™ I have applied for so many jobs and only one gave me an interview. I didn’t get the job though.
                    Also, our neighborhood is getting a city sewer hookup-which is all well and good-but now we have to come up with 240 dollars to pay for an electrician to hook the grinder by the end of this month. On top of the “normal” stresses that I have been dealing with-including the fact that We cannot drain any water due to our septic tank, so we have to take showers at my mom (who is moving to Florida in the beginning of Sept. *cry*) and do laundry elsewhere, etc.

Can everyone just come over to my house for a huge hug? I need it. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

purpledragonclaw
                    Participant

*Huge hugs*

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

Hugs! So sorry to hear that things aren’t going very well for you. You’ll be in my thoughts as I think of better things coming your way! :yes:

I wish I could get there for a HUGE Hug and a good cry. It sure has been a tough week (and than some) for y’all We didn’t have TV for years. I found a few radio stations that still broadcast plays or read books on air. I got real interested in one that was broadcast in 20 minute segments every evening on PBS. The opening music caught my attention. Found out several month’s into it that it was actually a TV shoe ๐Ÿ˜€ Doctor Who XD Been hooked ever since ๐Ÿ˜†

twindragonsmum
                        Participant

Big hugs for you, eagle… {{HUGS}}

twindragonsmum

tdm

Katherine
                          Participant

khat7 wrote:

I wish I could get there for a HUGE Hug and a good cry. It sure has been a tough week (and than some) for y’all We didn’t have TV for years. I found a few radio stations that still broadcast plays or read books on air. I got real interested in one that was broadcast in 20 minute segments every evening on PBS. The opening music caught my attention. Found out several month’s into it that it was actually a TV shoe ๐Ÿ˜€ Doctor Who XD Been hooked ever since ๐Ÿ˜†

lol, that is interesting that they broadcast television shows on radio. I didn’t know that! I like listening to Dr. Laura and programs like that. There is some good news now-my hubby came home from work and fixed the TV! He switched outlets for it, and so I am thinking that the water might have shorted out an electrical wire somewhere? I am not sure though.

Thank you everyone for the E-hugs. ๐Ÿ™‚ When you sent them to me, I imagined them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.