fbpx

Huh?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Participant

The woman I dealt with the first time in the shop wouldn’t believe me that it was just the distributor that closed, and not Windstone itself, but I noticed she was way at the back of the store when I visited again. The owner seems to have the story straight though, and that’s the important one! πŸ˜€

She did warn me that the pieces would likely be a bit more expensive here from now on, but being as I wasn’t aware of Windstones before the distributor was out of the picture, that really won’t scare me off

Elena
      Participant

Hey at least you won’t have to worry about customs or breakage!!!

I was in the store that I’ve been soliciting and the sales girl said they were still waiting for their order since like 3 month ago which is funny cause I was there less than a month ago and talked to the manager and she said they hadn’t ordered since the Canadian distributor stopped carrying Windstones. But I did tell her to pass on the request to the manager! :mrgreen:

Allison
        Participant

πŸ˜†

Just keep pestering! We tried not to be a pain, but we kept on asking every time we were in town. They didn’t have the chance to forget!

And yes, that’s exactly what I don’t want to deal with: breakage and especially customs. The bill they slapped on my two PYO’s when they came into Canada was insane πŸ˜•

littleironhorse
          Participant

Arya wrote:

πŸ˜†

Just keep pestering! We tried not to be a pain, but we kept on asking every time we were in town. They didn’t have the chance to forget!

And yes, that’s exactly what I don’t want to deal with: breakage and especially customs. The bill they slapped on my two PYO’s when they came into Canada was insane πŸ˜•

Arya, I just wanted to mention… Whenever you get something from the US, try to use USPS for shipping. If you use a courrier service (USP, FedEx, DHL, or whichever) you get slapped with a brokerage fee, up to 40% of item value. But if you use USPS you only get to pay taxes on it. I learned the hard way!

Allison
            Participant

littleironhorse wrote:

Arya wrote:

πŸ˜†

Arya, I just wanted to mention… Whenever you get something from the US, try to use USPS for shipping. If you use a courrier service (USP, FedEx, DHL, or whichever) you get slapped with a brokerage fee, up to 40% of item value. But if you use USPS you only get to pay taxes on it. I learned the hard way!

40%…ouch! I will have to keep that in mind, thank you! 😯

Nambroth wrote:

Please do encourage your local dealers to carry Windstones! πŸ™‚ As littleironhorse said, many Canadian retailers and shops do not know of the situation with Windstone, but Windstone will wholesale to them directly now. The best part is that if a shop you recommend to Windstone starts carrying them, you can get a free Windstone pieces from the factory as a thank you gift!! Check it out here:
              http://www.windstoneeditions.com/help%20wanted.htm#collectors

yeah i did that and didnt realize i wasnt supposed to tell the store to contact windstone…im new to all of this so had no clue so i emailed susie and she is going to ask the “boss” if my referral still counts…i pray that it does beings thats the only store around here that i could possibly talk into selling windstones πŸ™

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.