Huh?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Please do encourage your local dealers to carry Windstones! πŸ™‚ As littleironhorse said, many Canadian retailers and shops do not know of the situation with Windstone, but Windstone will wholesale to them directly now. The best part is that if a shop you recommend to Windstone starts carrying them, you can get a free Windstone pieces from the factory as a thank you gift!! Check it out here:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/help%20wanted.htm#collectors

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

littleironhorse wrote:

Don’t forget, if you do talk a store owner into carrying Windstones, you can get free stuff for!

http://www.windstoneeditions.com/help%20wanted.htm#collectors

Hahah, you beat me to it!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Elena
        Participant

What the other Canadians have said is true for the Calgary area as well, except alot of our little curio shops that carried them all went out of buisness a few years ago. Talk to the store manager, leave them a note or just keep asking. If you give Karen and Susie their contact info then they can send them the promo stuff!

Allison
          Participant

Really? Ooooh…now there’s some motivation! πŸ˜€

(Not that I really needed any more incentive than the ability to get dragons without border duties heaped on them!) πŸ˜‰

Allison
            Participant

foxfeather wrote:

What the other Canadians have said is true for the Calgary area as well, except alot of our little curio shops that carried them all went out of buisness a few years ago. Talk to the store manager, leave them a note or just keep asking. If you give Karen and Susie their contact info then they can send them the promo stuff!

The shops around here do good business because I live in cottage country. All summer long the city folk drive up here for their vacations and they flock to curio shops and antique dealers. The winters are pretty dead, but the warm months more than make up for it.

I just sent out some info to Susie. Turns out the store I went to has a twin shop in Orillia, which is even better. I gave her both addresses and phone numbers. Hopefully the owners will be interested!

Elena
              Participant

Yes, need more Canadian Dealers!!!

A collectable shop tryed telling me that they don’t make dragonsite anymore and that the company went bust πŸ™
                I had to explain to her that i know the owner and they definately are not bust i have just come back from the event. And she got really annoyed with me and mumbled something about she was a retailer and she knew best πŸ˜•
                I never went back ❓

Mmloda
                Participant

Wow, yeah I was wondering what was going on , there were about 3 stores around my area that carried Windstones and two of them closed right down, the other doesn’t carrie tham anymore but I was actually there yesteday and they said that if I wanted any pieces from Windstone they could probably order them in for me in the fall, I can’t wait that long 😯 and now I have no choice but to order them from Windstone, ebay and stores in the States. It almost seems like no one in Canada carries Windstones anymore and that is a shame because i am positive that there are many collectors oot there who quite upset. i know i was and than I found this site and signed up for the forums.

Marzena

Melody
                  Keymaster

Arya wrote:

This is my first topic, so please forgive me if I mess up with this πŸ™‚

Anyway, I live in an extremely small town in central Ontario, and today my sister and I went to Midland, the nearest town, to shop. There happened to be a lovely curio shop there, and I thought “hey, I wonder if they have Windstones!”, being as I’m a newly-minted, largely-Windstoneless addict. We walked in, and there stood a Rainbow Emperor, along with a few small gargoyles. I was so excited, I found the store owner and asked her how often they got new pieces, and was it possible to order some through her.

Her answer: “They don’t make Windstones anymore”

…huh? I told her I was a member of this website, and unless I’m delusional, it seems as though Windstone was not only still in business, but that they had all sorts of new stuff. She then muttered something about them not selling in Canada anymore, and then something about the Canadian distributor being closed.

This all sounds like hogwash to me, but I thought I’d post this story here so someone could please set me straight! Also, if this lady was clueless, do any of you kind Canadian visitors know of any good stores around the Barrie/Orillia area of Ontario?

Thank you πŸ˜€That is part hogwash, part true… We no longer have our Canadian distributor, through no fault of his, he is a fine guy and runs an excellent business. Nor did he close, or back out, we just couldn’t continue to supply him. We were, at the time, cutting back on our production and we no longer could produce the large volume of pieces needed to supply him, and our own dealers.

Yes, we are still making Windstones.

If that the store is still interested in selling Windstones, you could tell them that they can order from us directly, though I know that isn’t as convinient as having a distributor to buy from.
                    Have them check out our website!

Melody
                    Keymaster

Griffiness wrote:

A collectable shop tryed telling me that they don’t make dragonsite anymore and that the company went bust πŸ™
                      I had to explain to her that i know the owner and they definately are not bust i have just come back from the event. And she got really annoyed with me and mumbled something about she was a retailer and she knew best πŸ˜•
                      I never went back ❓

One morning I walk into into work and Karen says “Hey! So you aren’t dead?”
                      Apparantly some store had heard the rumor that I had died from another store and called. At least they called us first to see if it was true, before passing it on! Karen misssed a golden opportunity.

Kujacker
                      Participant

Heh, wow 😯 Where do people come up with these things? xD

Allison
                        Participant

Melody wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

I never went back ❓

One morning I walk into into work and Karen says “Hey! So you aren’t dead?”
                          Apparantly some store had heard the rumor that I had died from another store and called. At least they called us first to see if it was true, before passing it on! Karen misssed a golden opportunity.

😯

“Did you hear? Melody was killed in a freak dragon land-slide at the factory the other day! They won’t be making Windstones anymore, you’d better buy one quick! Better yet, buy twelve!”

…sorry, couldn’t resist!

I spoke with one of the employees at the same store tonight and passed along the website address, and I sent Susie their contact info. They really didn’t pay attention to me, but then they weren’t the owner of the store, just students. I hope they pass it along.

Arya wrote:

“Did you hear? Melody was killed in a freak dragon land-slide at the factory the other day! They won’t be making Windstones anymore, you’d better buy one quick! Better yet, buy twelve!”

…sorry, couldn’t resist!

… πŸ˜†

Elena
                          Participant

Arya wrote:

Melody wrote:

Griffiness wrote:

…sorry, couldn’t resist!

😯 πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Maria
                            Participant

Griffiness wrote:

I never went back ❓

Oh sheesh. You’d think stores would want to sell, not make excuses why they can’t!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.