fbpx

How would you???…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone How would you???…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie
      Participant

Paint a PYO dragon to “look” like a diamond?

I want to do some PYO birthstone dragons for my family.

I am Amethyst
        My oldest daughter is Citrine
        My youngest daughter is Peridot
        and my husband is Diamond.

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

I would use pearl with Silver to do the antiquing,I would use silver for some light shading and just thin amounts of intereference on the pearlescent.

This is something I would probly ajust as i go though since I tend to do that when i paint, but that is about how I would start it. daimond is really hard.

Stephanie
          Participant

Yeah! That is why I am trying to get some ideas. The other 3 shouldn’t be too bad but DIAMOND! Oh my! I think I’ll do that one last! lol I was thinking on useing one of my little but cute diamond rings and moving it around in the light to see what all colors POP out…

dragonmedley
            Participant

I was going to suggest that, working with the colors diamonds reflect.

Or find a philosopher’s stone… no way, that’s for gold.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I am doing Ki-Rins in birthstone colors. Right now I am working on May’s. But, I was thinking that for December, I might use a black diamond type color. But otherwise, I might try perhaps using the interference paints over a pearlescent white. But that might work better for a white opal. Hmmm. I dunno, if I come up with anything else, I’ll put it in here. LOL πŸ˜€
              (I know…I’m no help! πŸ™„ )

White/white pearl with a lot irridescent glitter.
              White/white pearl with blue interference.
              White with a very high gloss on it.

Since diamonds are more of a clear gem, it’s hard to capture a single color. Maybe try for the high glitter/sparkle effect to signify diamond. Or try for a more multi-color irridescent effect.

Stephanie
              Participant

Isn’t December blue Topaz or blue zircon? Diamond is April’s stone color. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Serenity wrote:

Isn’t December blue Topaz or blue zircon? Diamond is April’s stone color. πŸ™‚

Depends on what birthstone list you are looking at. Some of the stones vary. Here’s what wikipedia has to say.

Or how much the jeweler is trying to make… 😈

Stephanie
                  Participant

True…

Why can’t it just be simple? This month is this color stone and thats it? LOL

Maebnus
                    Participant

My birthstone is Diamond, and I must say it’s always driven me crazy. Too expensive to have any growing up, and too BLAH in color for birthstone “stuff”.

But what about using one of the colored diamonds? Champagne diamonds are sooo pretty in person. There’s a whole list (and pictures) of some naturally-occuring diamond colors here. I know it’s not the “traditional” diamond, but some are quite nice and aren’t the same color as other precious gems.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

I agree; and black diamonds are just too gorgeous!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Serenity wrote:

Paint a PYO dragon to “look” like a diamond?

Forget making it look like a diamond; make it look like the diamond’s unique flaw. You’ve heard of the “Pink Panther” well here’s the “Pink Dragon.”

Or not.

Stephanie
                        Participant

I was thinking (after reading everyones replys) to do it pearl white… shade it in spots with grey and silver with a dash of blue….. ? πŸ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.