fbpx

How do you….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

Strip the paint off a PYO? I royaly messed up a wolf last night and want to erase and start over. I hadn’t sealed it with anything, so there is just the acrylic paint.
        What to do?

Skigod377
        Participant

You can try to wash it off with water, but it does not work to well if its dry. All I do when I totally mess up is paint it all black and have fun with it. 😕 Water tried to strip one, but it didnt work too well…

Arlla
          Participant

I used “goof off” to strip a griffin wing once…it’s pretty powerful stuff – you have to use it in a place with good ventilation – but the paint certainly comes right off, and with very little staining!! I wiped it down a few times with water afterwards to make sure there was no residue. I was able to paint over it again without incident. I do recomend putting on a primer coat before repainting, though, just to get it back to clean white.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

SPark
            Participant

Rubbing alcohol or acetone (nail polish remover) will take it off, though probably not as quickly as goof-off will.

Guys, don’t strip…the most ideal way to do this…and trust me, I know now…is just get yourself a spray can of white primer at the hardware store. It works miracles in just minutes and is easy, cheap, and is a perfect undercoating for acrylics!

I have used this to repaint the flap cats and it works on everything else I’ve wanted to repaint or put a solid base-coat on. Just use it lightly at first, and you’ll get the hand of it. It’s 100 times better than stripping it, I can’t even tell you how awesome this stuff truly is. White primer. Like for car painting. Get it. It’s good stuff!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.