fbpx

How do I get Stores to sell Windstone in my area?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion How do I get Stores to sell Windstone in my area?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Hey Everyone
      I have a couple of stores in my area that I would like to sell Windtones but I’m not sure how to go about it, if anyone knows please let me know, if would be so much easier for me to be able to buy them here in Canada, than to order them from the states, I’m always worried that they will not arrive in one piece.

Marzena

Mmloda
      Participant

Marzena

Skigod377
        Participant

You can take them a catalouge and see if they are interested, then put them in touch with Karen or Susie. Thats what I think… I may be wrong. Im not sure about Canada.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

mmloda wrote:

Hey Everyone
            I have a couple of stores in my area that I would like to sell Windtones but I’m not sure how to go about it, if anyone knows please let me know, if would be so much easier for me to be able to buy them here in Canada, than to order them from the states, I’m always worried that they will not arrive in one piece.

Talk to the store owners and get them interested in Windstones. Why do you collect Windstones and why are they so unique? You might bring those points up to the store owner. You can give them Windstone’s 800 number to call also, and if they have never seen what a Windstone looks like before, give them the address to the Windstone Website, or print a few pictures and show them. If they think they will be able to sell them and have some customers that are passionate about collecting, they might consider.

Also you can send the store’s information to Karen and Susie. If the store seems like the kind of place that would do well selling Windstones than please contact Windstone at 800 982-4464 or email at service@windstoneeditions.com and please put New Store Lead in the subject line. They can then call and discuss Windstones with the store owner, and answer any questions they might have. The best part is that if any of those stores you recommend start carrying Windstones, then Windstone rewards this lead with a free Windstone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Does this help?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
            Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

You can take them a catalouge and see if they are interested, then put them in touch with Karen or Susie. Thats what I think… I may be wrong. Im not sure about Canada.

Canada used to have a distributor that would deal with importing them then reselling them to independent retailers. Unfortunately Windstone could no longer afford to offer pieces to the distributor at such low costs and they stopped distributing them. Canadian stores are more than welcome to order directly from Windstone now! Many of the retailers don’t realize this (some have even propagated rumors that Windstone went out of business which is obviously untrue) so those that are seeking Windstones in Canada are welcome to inform their retail seller that Windstone will sell to Canadian retailers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Allison
              Participant

You probably remember me dealing with a Canadian shop earlier this month. I basically let the shop owners know about this website, with all the contact info here, and then I emailed Susie the shop’s address and phone number so she could talk to them if she needed to. So far I’ve heard that the owner is “seriously considering” selling Windstones, so hopefully this will work! I’ll let you know how it goes, if you think that will help you ๐Ÿ™‚

I usually go into a store that has dragons or other stuff and ask if they have any Windstones. If they say they haven’t heard of them, I tell them about them. If they say that they would like to, then I get their contact info and email it to Susie or Karen. I am going to start wearing my shirt to show them what they look like. I also printed pictures of them to take with me.

lamortefille
                Participant

That’s a good idea to wear a shirt into the store! I’ll have to figure out which shirt to get now. lol

Mmloda
                  Participant

Nambroth wrote:

mmloda wrote:

Hey Everyone

Talk to the store owners and get them interested in Windstones. Why do you collect Windstones and why are they so unique? You might bring those points up to the store owner. You can give them Windstone’s 800 number to call also, and if they have never seen what a Windstone looks like before, give them the address to the Windstone Website, or print a few pictures and show them. If they think they will be able to sell them and have some customers that are passionate about collecting, they might consider.

Also you can send the store’s information to Karen and Susie. If the store seems like the kind of place that would do well selling Windstones than please contact Windstone at 800 982-4464 or email at service@windstoneeditions.com and please put New Store Lead in the subject line. They can then call and discuss Windstones with the store owner, and answer any questions they might have. The best part is that if any of those stores you recommend start carrying Windstones, then Windstone rewards this lead with a free Windstone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Does this help?

Ohh that sounds great, I will try to do that next week and see what kind of response I will get, I have a couple shops in mind, so we’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the response too it was very helpful.

Marzena

Mmloda
                    Participant

Oh but does anyone know where I can get some catalogues?? Should I e mail suzie and see if she can get me some?? OH and is there a cost too for the catalogues??

Marzena

Starbreeze
                      Participant

You can print one from the new Windstone webstore. You can read about it here: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=84991&highlight=catalog+catalogue#84991

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

mmloda wrote:

Oh but does anyone know where I can get some catalogues?? Should I e mail suzie and see if she can get me some?? OH and is there a cost too for the catalogues??

Windstone does not print these anymore, so you can’t order them from Susie or Karen. Some people (collectors) still have them and might send you one, but your best bet is to print some yourself if you can. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mmloda
                          Participant

Thanks Nam, will do…I’ll print several and head out to the stores, hopefully they’ll bite and I’ll be able to purchase the new Windstones right around the corner.
                            Thanks again everyone.

Marzena

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

mmloda wrote:

I have several copies of the old Winter 2005 catalogue with the Rock Dragon on the front. I could send you one if you like.

Only thing is it still pictures the Peacock and Rainbow dragon colors which have since been retired. But I don’t see much else in it that is retired, so it’s fairly current.

Mmloda
                              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

mmloda wrote:

I have several copies of the old Winter 2005 catalogue with the Rock Dragon on the front. I could send you one if you like.

Only thing is it still pictures the Peacock and Rainbow dragon colors which have since been retired. But I don’t see much else in it that is retired, so it’s fairly current.

I PM’d you, Thanks so much…I think that an actual catalogue would be extremly helpful.

Marzena

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.