fbpx

How can I paint around the horn?????????

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone How can I paint around the horn?????????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mmloda
    Participant

Marzena

Mmloda
      Participant

Hey
        I’m almost finished painting my first PYO unicorn and I’m a bit stuck around the horn, πŸ˜• I don’t want to get any paint on the horn, so I was wondering if you might have some suggestions of how to cover it…or get around it.

Thanks.

Marzena

Kujacker
        Participant

You can use masking fluid to cover the horn. It comes right off… or at least for the ki-rin it does. I have yet to paint a unicorn. But they are both made from the same thing, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work as well.

I thought I read somewhere that the horn actually comes unattached from the PYO unicorn when it arrives from Windstone and you have to put it on yourself. Maybe it was just for that person or I misread or misunderstood.

I know Ive read this same question as well as asked it myself (in PMs). Masking Fluid was the response given to me 100% of the time and I was assured it would be easily removed… same with the eyes and anything else I wanted to protect from paint. I’ll find out as my first PYO (unicorn) arrives Wednesday… course, I dont have the paints yet but thats a whole other ball of wax πŸ˜‰

SPark
          Participant

A few people have had the horn fall off during shipping.

I actually just put masking tape on mine! Easier than masking fluid, and comes right off.

dragonmedley
            Participant

I just paint around it (with the kirin, anyway) with a very small brush, taking my time. If some paint does get on it, I remove it with a toothpick, by gently scratching it off, just like I would if paint got on the eyes.

I had a bad experience with the masking fluid, so I tend to stay away from it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
              Participant

I just paint it then wipe off the paint when it dries using a damp paint brush. Works just fine. πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

All these methods work! I have to mask mine off though (same with the eyes) because I always put a final clearcoat spray on them like the factory does. Masking tape or fluid works well. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Mmloda
                  Participant

Thanks Everyone
                    It’s I find it a bit hard to paint around the horn with the unicorn, but I’ll try the tape first and see how thta works out.
                    Thanks again for all of your suggestions. πŸ™‚

Marzena

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.