fbpx

Host Sites for Pictures

Home Forums Miscellany Community Host Sites for Pictures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

I am curious–are there any decent host sites to post pictures on here that are still free? I was using ImageShack but now you need to pay a yearly [or monthly] fee to be able to upload your photos. This used to be free and I don’t use it that often except to post photos on here. So are there any sites that anyone could suggest that are still free? I refuse to pay for something that I would rarely use. Just a pain! 😐

chibishiro12
      Participant

photobucket is free up to 2 gb (after which you either delete older pictures or pay for more space). I use it only so I can post pictures here, and so far I haven’t had to pay anything and I still have lots of space for later pictures.

Looking for-
        red fire young dragon
        old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Yup for photobucket – that’s what i use… *nods*

tdm 😉

tdm

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

I mainly use Photobucket, though it’s a pain for me to try to use on my cell phone (My primary source for internet) so I have to wait to do anything with it til I’m on a pc.. otherwise you can upload to Facebook, then open the photo > right click photo > Open Image URL/Open Image in new Tab (etc) then copy the link in the address bar when it is just the image showing.. it’s lower resolution though, so I only use this as a backup when I’m on my phone… but that does show everyone the photo, even if your album on Facebook is set to private..

Yeah, Photobucket has my vote.

I have no face in a book, except for the original ones with printed numbers on a page that I’m reading, nor do I use a phone that is dubbed ‘smart’. I’m antiquated, I do internet stuff with a computer.

For people like me, Photobucket makes everything so easy. Basic understanding of key terms via some reading and I can post photos to various sites like a pro.

Don’t forget, you can also control what material (in this case photos) is public and what is not. Edit them, like adding text, etc. You can link the whole folder for mass viewing or just copy the specific line for posting a single photo to a particular site.

They also updated their software for easier sorting, adding and removing of photos. I’ve yet to near their free GB storage space, so my account has been free the entire time I’ve used them, which is about six years now.

~Hoofer

LadyFirebird
            Participant

:bigsmile: THANK YOU–THANK YOU—THANK YOU—THANK YOU to everyone who suggested Photobucket. I did have an account some time back but couldn’t access it and trying to have them send an e-mail to reset my password wasn’t working. I just registered with another email and because of all you wonderful folks, I was able to post the pictures of my Tadpoads! Knew there had to be a free site for me to post my pics again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.