fbpx

horse rescue

Home Forums Miscellany Community horse rescue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

well i now have a job..sorta…i volunteer at Jolene’s Horse Rescue here in lancaster CA..its extremely exhausting work but rewarding, the owner is GIVING me a horse named symphony, hes a thoroughbred/warmblood cross and is 16 hands..he makes me look tiny lol, besides mucking stalls and cleaning tack and doing all that other work..i get to ride and work with whatever horse i want out of the 23 that are there..so i guess its kinda like owning all the horses..damn i love this job ๐Ÿ˜€

wow.. sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

TrottierJS wrote:

wow.. sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

oh it is, and the owner adores me because i have so much experience, anyway i will post pics of symphony and me tonight when i get home ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

Noob question, but 16 hands, that’s 16 of your hands from neck to bum in length?

Snapdragon wrote:

Noob question, but 16 hands, that’s 16 of your hands from neck to bum in length?

no, its how tall a horse is, not how long

Participant

Dracomancer wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s from the ground to the shoulder – right? Why don’t they include the top of the head?

SilverArrow wrote:

Dracomancer wrote:

Snapdragon wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s from the ground to the shoulder – right? Why don’t they include the top of the head?

i THINK you are correct, its been so long since i used the terminology, but in feet hies 7 and a half feet tall, i will ask the owner today how to exactly measure hands to make sure im correct

Kujacker
        Participant

Wish I had that job. Horses are love.

Kujacker wrote:

Wish I had that job. Horses are love.

you could always make a donation to us ๐Ÿ™‚ lol were in need ot donations majorly for feed and to get a ferrier to come out to trim hooves ( yay for shameless advertising!) heres the link to the rescue if ya wanna pitch in! ๐Ÿ˜€
          http://www.jolenehorserescue.com/

Maebnus
          Participant

Ugh. The nightmare page is so sad :cry:.
            And I knew what Premarin was made from pregnant mare urine, but not the rest of the details. That bothers me. I won’t be filling any prescriptions for it when I finally get my pharmacy job (I have that right, just as others don’t have to fill for Plan B if they object).

Skigod377
            Participant

Great job!! And a FREE HORSE!? SCORE!! Yes, hands is measured from the floor to the whithers. They dont measure the head because male horses have bigger heads than female horses, so it ouwld not be fair. ๐Ÿ˜‰

wolflodge100
              Participant

A hand is measured from the ground to the top of the withers and is equivilant to 4 inches, that being the measure of a mans hand across the palm.

a hand is four inches .. the horse is measured from the ground to the whithers.

oops guess I should read the whole thread before answering.. ha ha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.