fbpx

Horrible scare!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Horrible scare!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Sounds like she was constipated, it can be very painful, especially if it is a wad of hair, since they tend to be drier than normal stools. Usually a cat will spit up a hairball, but sometimes they don’t.

Eating and drinking again is a very good sign, one thing about cats that is consistant, if they aren’t feeling well, they won’t eat, period.

I’d try to make sure she gets a fair amount of water, and you might want to give her some tuna in oil, not alot, but the oil will help lubricate her system a little, and make her stools a little looser and softer, which will help make it easier on her since she is so sore from her ordeal.

Glad to hear she is doing better. Her face markings are really close in appearance to my Zinc’s, he is also my baby cat, the one that when he leaves me is going to really devastate me, it’s coming, he’s already 17…so I can only hope for another year or two.

Anyway, I digress. Keep watching her, but it’s sounding good so far.

Kyrin

What a Beyoootiful kitty! Tabbies have always been my favorites, especially girl-types. I have had tabbies all my life. The last one weighed 5 lbs her whole life, died 2 years ago at age 19. I still miss her ๐Ÿ™ I’m SO glad your kitty is OK! drgnlvr

Andrea
    Participant

I’m glad she’s recovering. So scary when a pet falls ill.
      I agree with Kyrin. Tuna in oil will help lubricate.

Maria
      Participant

I’m glad whatever it was passed by itself. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Jodi
        Participant

Thanks, everyone for the good wishes, and PT for the healing energy. Claire Marie seems to be back to her normal self now. Kyrin, I think you’re right. I think she was constipated too. It was just so scary. It’s hard to know if she got into something that would block her up or make her sick.

We’ve had an onion in a bowl that decided to grow a stem and leaves. She started chewing on the green parts and, even though I would remove her from it, she wouldn’t leave it alone (we finally threw it out). I’m not sure if that added to the sickness. I don’t think onions are good for cats. What do you all think?

Bob

Onions are not good for any person place or thing YYYUUUCCCKKK!!!

lamortefille
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Onions are not good for any person place or thing YYYUUUCCCKKK!!!

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

I’m glad CM is feeling better! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bob

Sorry they do not agree with my in anyway. If I bite into them while eating I feel like I’m going to throw up. I tried a stew type thing my room mate made years ago and thought I would give it a go anf boy did I pay for it. It was coming out both ends they same way

lamortefille
                Participant

I hate onions, too! Just the smell of them….blech!!

Bob

lamortefille wrote:

Smell, taste, texture, juice it all gets to me. If someone near me has onions my eyes will start to water ( I know they make you cry but this is a different sort of cry). Can you be allergic to onions??

lamortefille
                    Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

lamortefille wrote:

Smell, taste, texture, juice it all gets to me. If someone near me has onions my eyes will start to water ( I know they make you cry but this is a different sort of cry). Can you be allergic to onions??

I’m sure you can be…

darjeb
                      Participant

Poor kitty I hope she is OK now. Pets can give you a real scare and we love them so much.

Bob

Sorry to high jack. Please give your kitty snuggles for me!!

Jodi
                          Participant

That’s okay. She’s been getting lots of attention lately and the other cats aren’t real happy about that now. I’ll have to snuggle them too, okay?

Bob

ok by me they all need loves

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.