fbpx

Hmmm…Melody…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hmmm…Melody…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ok, I was asked earlier in the afternoon today if I was the only one who had the idea to do this…

To a PYO. Have you ever seen another PYO with a picture actually painted on it? Or a Windstone of any sort? Or am I actually the first?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ (Plus, I figure almost everyone looks here in your topics, and perhaps if they have seen one, they would speak up too! I am really curious as to the answer to this.)

I painted this one for Starbreeze for Christmas from Bodine and I. I’m working on another one now. I find it pretty enjoyable to see what I can paint onto a PYO. I have many other scenes in mind too.
    *hopes wildly that while she has a bit of money from Christmas that the PYO’s will restock*

Bodine
    Participant

Here,here!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

bodine6127 wrote:

Here,here!! ๐Ÿ˜€

*Looks at you crosseyed* Weren’t you on your way to the “warm” room missy? ๐Ÿ˜†

Lokie
      Participant

It’s very pretty, WSC ๐Ÿ™‚

Mipa painted on a PYO a scene of a gryphon flying in the sky above mountains. She used the natural curves of the gryphon’s body for the features. Here it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks Lokie! I knew there was another one too. Or should I say I felt there was another. I know there is a Tattooed Ki-Rin somewhere though. I thought the piece was wonderful, even though I don’t collect Ki-Rin. It had a dragon on the side I believe. ๐Ÿ™‚
        I am still working on getting more detailed. I never painted on flat surfaces before. Atleast not pictures like I am working on on the Uni’s, so it’s still a rough stage for me too. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I do know, that I CANNOT for the life of me do portraits in pencil of people, so I don’t think I could do people on things with paint. Maybe in an abstract way. Or cartoon characters. ๐Ÿ˜•

Bodine
        Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Here,here!! ๐Ÿ˜€

yep,I did.I wanted a cup of Java and stopped by to see who won to congrat them ๐Ÿ™‚
          I really love the lavender eyes on Vineyard ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

bodine6127 wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

Here,here!! ๐Ÿ˜€

yep,I did.I wanted a cup of Java and stopped by to see who won to congrat them ๐Ÿ™‚
          I really love the lavender eyes on Vineyard ๐Ÿ˜€

Awww…I was only giving you a hard time! ๐Ÿ˜‰

bayoudragon
          Participant

I am still working on getting more detailed. I never painted on flat surfaces before. Atleast not pictures like I am working on on the Uni’s, so it’s still a rough stage for me too. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

It’s never too late to start! ๐Ÿ˜€

bayoudragon wrote:

I am still working on getting more detailed. I never painted on flat surfaces before. Atleast not pictures like I am working on on the Uni’s, so it’s still a rough stage for me too. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

It took me a year to get “Unscared” of the Unicorn sculpts…I’ve been scared of canvases my whole life! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *gulp*

Windstone collector, what an amazing job.. she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜€

Winter wrote:

Windstone collector, what an amazing job.. she is beautiful. Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜€

You are quite welcome! I do have my own thread in the Paint Your Own section though with alot more pieces in it. ๐Ÿ™‚ This was just a question for Melody. It’s just got alot of attention since it’s in her section. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

twindragonsmum
            Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

As my g’ma would say – “you can’t learn any younger” ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s lovely!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Melody
              Keymaster

Ok, I was asked earlier in the afternoon today if I was the only one who had the idea to do this…

To a PYO. Have you ever seen another PYO with a picture actually painted on it? Or a Windstone of any sort? Or am I actually the first?! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ (Plus, I figure almost everyone looks here in your topics, and perhaps if they have seen one, they would speak up too! I am really curious as to the answer to this.)

I painted this one for Starbreeze for Christmas from Bodine and I. I’m working on another one now. I find it pretty enjoyable to see what I can paint onto a PYO. I have many other scenes in mind too.
                *hopes wildly that while she has a bit of money from Christmas that the PYO’s will restock*
                I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vineyard painted on a unicorn before, no!
                I have seen all kinds of landscapes painted on Breyer horses though, I think the idea was suggested by those big fiberglass horses, cows and other things they were putting out city streets as art installations for awhile.
                This unicorn is beautiful!
                I made a unicorn out of paper mache’ in high school that had landscapes painted all over it. But they were set into a celtic design, so they were framed rather than right on the animal, like this one.

Thank you very much Melody! ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜€
                We have life sized pigs decorated around here. One at a bank is covered in pennies. One next to a fabric shop is covered in quilt squares. LOL Oh and outside the pizza parlor is a pig with a chef hat. They are cute.
                I was just wondering. I never got into the Breyer’s…I had a Momma and baby Clydesdale when I was a little girl, but I’m not sure where they went… ๐Ÿ™ I’ll have to look up some of the landscapes on those. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.