fbpx

Hmmm?? (GBB Boxes)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Hmmm?? (GBB Boxes)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

So, I noticed in a photo that I ran into.. and lord knows where I found it now, lol (I’ve been randomly searching the site looking at GB Uni’s) that there were some older GBB sitting on Windstone boxes… I found it a lil odd when I got mine, but didn’t think much into it, and now I’m curious..

My GBB from this last Fantasy batch showed up in a regular brown box?

Hannah
      Participant

I believe this came about because with the last (or was it the time before?) grab bag young unicorn batch, the form-fitting inserts weren’t fitting properly within their boxes and resulted in unis being damaged in shipping (I think the horns breaking off was the major problem!).

They started just sending them out within the form fitting inserts and inside the shipping box, and then with this batch of unis I believe they were doing the same sort of thing – just putting the unis loose (but well packed) within the shipping container. This might be because they wanted to avoid possible damage, or it might just be that they’re out of baby uni boxes XD

In short: I dont know, but I had assumed it was due to the initial horn problem with the youngs πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

littleironhorse
        Participant

I’d go with your second option Hannah: temporarily out of boxes. I vaguely remember Susie mentionning that when they ran out of boxes, rather than have the buyers wait, they would use bubble wrap and peanuts and be extra careful.

I don’t know if that applies for all sculpts though…

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Ok, a lack of boxes makes sense, baby uni’s don’t have a lot of horn to damage πŸ˜‰ lol.. I was just wonderin if everyone had theirs shipped in a regular box or if some or what.. random things make me curious, lol

scenceable
            Participant

My fantasy candy corn one came without an inner box, it was just wrapped in crinkle paper, bubblewrap, and peanuts. One fantasy young I got came in a normal box with inserts, and the other came in just inserts taped together. All the other youngs came in normal box+ insert, and all the babies I’ve got from the store have come wrapped in crinkle paper in a little white box that says baby unicorn.

Sooo I think the candycorns all went without the inner boxes. πŸ˜›

Wampus Dragon
              Participant

Considering that those baby unicorn boxes from previous batches still said hollywood CA on them, I think they probably just ran out. Need to get the location changed on the logo anyway.

Susie
                Keymaster

The baby unicorns (and also a number of other small pieces) have not been shipped with inner boxes because we are out of the small flimsy boxes we once used for small pieces when we only shipped them to dealers. Those boxes did not really provide protection anyway. We had a bunch of these brown boxes and realized that it was wasteful of packing materials to put the little pieces inside another box if it would travel just fine in a little larger brown box, and these travel all alone (one per customer) it makes the shipping weight lower to not have an inner box, resulting in less shipping charges as well. We assume that once you receive your little guy, you will unbox him and keep him where you can see him, so he really doesn’t need a fancy little box.

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

The baby unicorns (and also a number of other small pieces) have not been shipped with inner boxes because we are out of the small flimsy boxes we once used for small pieces when we only shipped them to dealers. Those boxes did not really provide protection anyway. We had a bunch of these brown boxes and realized that it was wasteful of packing materials to put the little pieces inside another box if it would travel just fine in a little larger brown box, and these travel all alone (one per customer) it makes the shipping weight lower to not have an inner box, resulting in less shipping charges as well. We assume that once you receive your little guy, you will unbox him and keep him where you can see him, so he really doesn’t need a fancy little box.

Gotcha! πŸ™‚ I partially wondered since so many collectors are big about “original box” I guess if anyone decides to fuss I’ll show em the address label ;p that is if mine *ever* goes anywhere, lol πŸ˜€

Ann

Thank you for asking KP! I’ve been wondering this myself.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.