fbpx

Hippogriffs!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hippogriffs!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I do hope that you don’t abandon your hippogriff concept entirely Melody. Perhaps one day you’ll finish a hippogriff family complete with little foals. Considering how popular your griffins and “hoofers” are, if you were to complete work on a creature that combines their features and color patterns, I’m sure you’d have an item which would sell itself. Who wouldn’t want a zorse or a quagga hippogriff? Some forum members got excited when I mentioned dragoncats and hippogriffs (you could post pics of your dragoncat sculpt here :yes: ) and so I figured that a new thread was in order. I also have a concept for a new type of raffle that I want to run by you via e-mail first before I start setting up polls about it. By the way, is your phoenix going to be produced exclusively as a PYO?

(Zebra hippogriff by *dynamo-xr at deviantart.com) — Now that’s what I’m talking about!

(Hippogriff sketch by ~koffeekeg at deviantart.com) — Beautiful lines!

(Another hippogriff sketch by ~koffeekeg at deviantart.com)

(Hippogriff Foal by ~Sisuitl at deviantart.com)

(“Fullbody Rainbow Hippogriff” by ~koffeekeg at deviantart.com)

(“+Blueberry+” by =Shivita at deviantart.com)

(Hippogriff sketch by *LadyScourgE at deviantart.com) — Nice feet.

(Hippogriff drawing by ~Alecat at deviantart.com) — I like this hoof concept too.

(Hippogriff with feather mane by =Lintufriikki at deviantart.com)

(An elegant, lion-tailed hippogriff sketch by ~Maszeattack at deviantart.com)

I love the idea of the hippogriff having front legs that are articulated in the same way as a horse’s; it could have the skin of an eagle on the front limbs, but with cloven hooves that resemble talons on them. Or it could have a mane of feathers. The shape of the cranium and the line of the neck on your sculpt is really neat. πŸ™‚

(A Clydesdale hippogriff by ~talkingmongoose at deviantart.com)

(Another Clydesdale hippogriff by ~hampsty at deviantart.com)

(Tribal hippogriff by ~Run-AwayArtist at deviantart.com)

(“Zippogriff” griffin-zebra hybrid by =Aki–Tenraku at deviantart.com)

(A bald eagle hippogriff with cloven rear hooves by ~xlagartixax at deviantart.com)

I hope that this thread prompts some interesting discussions, and I might post more art. Personally, I’m very fond of dragoncats, and I would love to see your dragoncat sculpt Melody. Let me know if you’d like to hear about my idea for a new type of raffle.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Wow! Some of those pictures are breathtaking! They’re all lovely! Thank you for sharing them all πŸ™‚

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
      Keymaster

Zephyr wrote:

I do hope that you don’t abandon your hippogriff concept entirely Melody. Perhaps one day you’ll finish a hippogriff family complete with little foals. Considering how popular your griffins and “hoofers” are, if you were to complete work on a creature that combines their features and color patterns, I’m sure you’d have an item which would sell itself. Who wouldn’t want a zorse or a quagga hippogriff? Some forum members got excited when I mentioned dragoncats and hippogriffs (you could post pics of your dragoncat sculpt here :yes: ) and so I figured that a new thread was in order. I also have a concept for a new type of raffle that I want to run by you via e-mail first before I start setting up polls about it. By the way, is your phoenix going to be produced exclusively as a PYO?

I hope that this thread prompts some interesting discussions, and I might post more art. Personally, I’m very fond of dragoncats, and I would love to see your dragoncat sculpt Melody. Let me know if you’d like to hear about my idea for a new type of raffle.
        Oh I know , hippogriffs are one of my all-time favorites, because they are open to interpretation anatomically, and there are almost infinite ways they can be painted (though I guess that is true of anything!)

I can post a pic of one of the tiny dragon-cat sculptures.The sculpture pic I took the other nite was too out of focus (because it is a very small thing, only an inch or so long) so I did a drawing over the photo in photoshop . It isn’t as pretty as the dragon cats you posted!! 😳 Since this sculpture was intended for pewter, it could have long wings and tail.

Those hipporiffs are wonderful! (…the head of the black and white pinto hippogriff looks familiar…)

Melody wrote:

Those hipporiffs are wonderful! (…the head of the black and white pinto hippogriff looks familiar…)]

Yes, I know! That’s why included it. πŸ˜† I figured you’re probably still in the process of trying to narrow down the design, so I thought it would fun to put my two cents in while mentioning a subject of interest for Windstone collectors. I know that my tendency to fill threads with pictures is rather eccentric, 😳 but in this case, I couldn’t resist. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, and I felt that this was the most effective way to throw some design ideas around. :yes: Thank you for your response, it was really sweet. I realized while working on the post that I was inserting a lot of pics, and I wasn’t sure whether or not it was going to make people mad. :scratch:

Melody
        Keymaster

I posted a blog with some images of the Dragon cats I could find.
          http://www.windstoneeditions.com/drupal/node/109

Melody wrote:

I posted a blog with some images of the Dragon cats I could find.
          http://www.windstoneeditions.com/drupal/node/109

Fantastic drawing! Thanks! πŸ˜€

Pam

Here’s mine. Bleck.

Andrea
            Participant

That is awesome Pam! Very cool! Expand on it…

Pam Thompson wrote:

Here’s mine. Bleck.

Naw, it’s fantastic!

Adaneth
              Participant

I think he’s adorable!! πŸ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

I have others, but goodness knows where I’ve got them saved….
                  This is a part of a much larger painting.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer wrote:

I have others, but goodness knows where I’ve got them saved….
                  This is a part of a much larger painting.

Beautiful! πŸ˜€

And just for fun… Some really wild and bizarre hippogriffs.

(Owl ki-rin hippogriff by ~layra at deviantart.com)

(Owl-Shetland pony hippogriff with lion paws by ~Reako at deviantart.com)

(“Radiant Swan Hippogriff” by =Mercyful-Fate at deviantart.com)

(“Desert Hippogriff” by ~Demagis) πŸ˜†

(Sinister fantasy hippogriff by ~Keltainen at deviantart.com)

(Armored hippogriff steed by *sandara at deviantart.com)

(Hobgoblin riding hippogriff steed by ~brownboot at deviantart.com)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.