fbpx

Hi, Newbie Dragon Enthusiast Here (Warning, Long Winded Introduction)

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hi, Newbie Dragon Enthusiast Here (Warning, Long Winded Introduction)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Stormbringer777
    Participant

Hello there and WELCOME Dragoneer!! :party: I don’t say too much here on the forum, but I like to welcome the “newbs” to one of the best forums around. The people here are GREAT and we all understand the Windstone obsession, even if our families and friends don’t. Have fun here!! 8)

Welcome! It is wonderful to hear your story! … I feel kinda like a drug dealer…

Ha ha ha, in that case, where’s my LE Unicorn/Pegasus CRACK?!?!

I’m jones’n here, just so ya know.

Welcome Dragoneer_88. Your story is awesome.

My addiction was simple, back when I was 15 (we won’t go into when that was), my best riding buddy was gifted the male Unicorn by her boyfriend. She used to hang her rings from its horn. I used to just stare at it, thinking how amazingly realistic this Unicorn looked. Of course, she nor I had a clue where he bought it. However, later on, during a very rare mall jaunt, I discovered Windstones in a tobacco store in the mall. I know I left drool on the glass counter as I stared at the Grand Unicorn.

The best I could do at that time was collect the fold out flyers that displayed all that Melody had created to date. It included shots of the entire Unicorn and Pegasus family. I was in awe.

Some years later, we won’t say how many, I was gifted the mother Unicorn by guess who, yup a boyfriend. As I stared at her, I kept asking myself, how the heck had I forgotten about these amazing statues that were my Ferrari of Fantasy Equine statues?

After staring at her for some time I wondered to myself if the internet could help me find out more about where to purchase Windstones.

Melody is right, they’re like crack and she is our drug dealer.

:->

Windstone addicts welcome, we understand.

Heather
      Participant

@ Barrdwing. I remember when I was in high school I could find dragon everywhere, even gas stations. Now, I’ve been confined to ebay. It’s sad, but maybe they’ll come back around. Thank goodness for windstone for supplying dragon lovers with quality pieces.

I’ve wanted to try a PYO, but I have no idea what paints to get. Then there’s the debate with myself over airbrush or paintbrush.

Thanks for the welcome. I think I’ll have fun here.

Well, as far as paints go, the PYOs are very forgiving! I painted my first one (a Muse) entirely in craft paints from Michaels (Apple Barrel, FolkArt, Delta) and it turned out better than I expected. Currently I use a mad hotchpotch of Golden, Lumiere, and FolkArt (metallics), and it’s all paintbrush. Takes me a dog’s age, because I never know quite what I’m doing and work in lots of little thin layers while I’m figuring it out, but I like the results. I’d suggest just buying a PYO (or four ;)) and trying things out. :bigsmile:

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome! Excited to be here with fellow windstone fans (aka all the cool people.) :party:

@ Barrdwing…Thanks for the info. Feel a little better about trying a PYO. :bigsmile:

Rofl! I guess it could be argued you are! We are all skint and wide eyed! XD

phantomess
          Participant

Welcome! And don’t feel so insecure about your introductory post- it’s good to make an interesting and personalized intro! Helps us get to know you.

My husband doesn’t really understand the whole Windstone thing either. He understands my love of dragons and agrees dragons are cool, but thinks I get carried away with/am obsessed with Windstones- and my collection’s not even particularly big compared to some! But we’re kind of even, because I don’t really get his love for legos either.

I’m 27 and got my first Windstone, an emerald mother dragon, at a store when I was a preteen or maybe 13. My cousin had a peacock male dragon and I made her take me to the store where she’d found it, lol. I bought that without my parents there, must’ve been birthday money or something. A little bit later I found a store in a mall closer to me with some Windstones and got a peacock young dragon- my mom wouldn’t let me get another bigger one at the time. It was several years before I got any more Windstones, and I believe I’ve gotten all the rest from online. I love each one- I don’t think I’ll ever sell any!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Samwise
            Participant

I’m starting to feel like a Windstone junkie! (In a good way) 😛

Bodine
              Participant

Welcome!! LOL We know the crazy looks from those not so enlightened as we also.LOL

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.