fbpx

Hi Greater Basilisk

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hi Greater Basilisk

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

I have to visit Florida next time. I have a friend there who was awfully disappointed I didn’t put Florida on my itinerary this time. I have to see her next time – and star too. And Georgia’s close enough…

I got the travel blog up and running. For those that are interested, here it is. The format isn’t bloggish, but it’s readable.

http://windstonetrip.blogspot.com/

Skigod377
      Participant

I think I will keep up with your blog and see America through new eyes πŸ˜†

Maria
        Participant

Probably. πŸ˜† Be warned – occasionally I ramble off into social critique. But not often. As long as I’m away from the big cities and their politics, I’m a content person. πŸ˜›

skigod377 wrote:

I think I will keep up with your blog and see America through new eyes πŸ˜†

haha, that is what I was thinking. I might learn something new that I didn’t know about.

Skigod377
          Participant

I totally forgot about Spanish being on everything. Over here its German and, well… German. πŸ˜†

I know…I find that irritating as well. At least in this state they passed a law that everything has to be written in English and it is illegal to write it in spanish.

Skigod377
            Participant

πŸ˜† I just noticed your siggy! πŸ˜† Funny!

Back on this particular topic… yeah, I guess it bugs me, too. Not that its in both English and Spanish, but that the immigration is so out of control and it seems no one does anything about it.

Haha, I have had that there for a while.

Yeah, it bugs a lot of people that it is out of control. I have a lot of issues with it, but I am not going to say it here.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I would love to! But I think Michigan is as far east as I’ll be staying this trip. From here on I go east.
                There are so many people who’ve invited me to say hi, and I won’t be able to. πŸ™ Can you keep that invitation open for another year, Nam? πŸ˜†

I hopefully won’t be here next year! I hope to be in the northeast somewhere. πŸ™‚ But yes, I’m sure the invitation will stand!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

darjeb
                Participant

If you ever get to SE FL your welcome to stay I have a spare Bedroom. Or even just to say hi. I get a lot of company in the winter but this time of year it tapers off and I can’t figure it out because many times when I look at the weather report(s) it is hotter in MN or MI or someplace up north.

Maria
                  Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

I know…I find that irritating as well. At least in this state they passed a law that everything has to be written in English and it is illegal to write it in spanish.

Really? That’s awesome!

Thanks for the invitation, darjeb. I will definitely try.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

Really? That’s awesome!

Thanks for the invitation, darjeb. I will definitely try.
                    Yep…I don’t know how many people follow it tho. But it is still a step in the right direction.

Maria
                    Participant

I’m glad you think so.:wink:

Sorry for not updating. Grandma has the most awful lazy dial-up I have ever come across. I’ll try to update the blog tomorrow.

Maria
                      Participant

Bad news: The blog is history. Too many people wanted too many things changed in order to protect their privacy. It was a nuiscance, and I just deleted the whole thing. I don’t really see the problem anyway, since I would have taken it down after the trip, it wasn’t linked or tabbed and could basically only be found by its URL.
                        When I get to Colorado and have some down time I’ll edit my journal and send by e-mail attachment to those who want it.

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Aww I’m sorry to hear that. I was enjoying what you had written so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.