fbpx

Hi Greater Basilisk

Home Forums Miscellany Community Hi Greater Basilisk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

How was your flight across the Atlantic – smooth I hope.

darjeb
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

Thanks for asking, darjeb. πŸ˜€ Yes, my trans-Atlantic flight went fine. I slept through a quarter of it, did some typing on my laptop, and read the rest of the time. I had about four hours of waiting in Newark, which I spent reading. I didn’t want to go get lost in the city, and I managed not to spend any money. I ended up sleeping through the flight to Detroit, and all in all I was up for 24 hours that day.
          Now I’m already pretty much on schedule. Yesterday I helped with renovating/rebuilding my friend’s house here in Pittford, and today we’re going to go for a walk in Lost Nations.
          All in all, I’m having a very good time.

Purplecat
          Participant

Cool. Keep us posted and have an awesome time! πŸ˜€

Maria
            Participant

Will do! I’m keeping a detailed journal on the side. My brother suggested I make a blog, which owuld actually be a good idea… Except that I want a complete copy on my laptop too… I better make up my mind quick.
              Anyway, my friend took me to a local lake for a view of native wildlife, including bunches of things we don’t have in Switzerland. Cardinals, robins, poison ivy and oak, chipmunks, ground hogs, and tons of roadkill. I’m not sure what we’ll do this afternoon, but I think I’ll help on the house some more.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Yeah….well, I’m really glad you got to see the poison ivy and road kill. πŸ˜› πŸ™„

Maria
                Participant

That’s called irony. πŸ˜†

Purplecat
                  Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I love chipmunks, although my favorite native animal is the river otter…I’ve never actually seen one in the wild though. I’d like to see an elk in person too….I hear there’s some around here, I wonder if I’d be lucky enough to spot one…. πŸ˜€

wolflodge100
                    Participant

We saw a whole herd of elk on our way home from Oregon. They were right on the side of the road πŸ˜€ I want to go to Yellowstone Park and see wild wolves! πŸ˜€

starbreeze wrote:

Yeah….well, I’m really glad you got to see the poison ivy and road kill. πŸ˜› πŸ™„

Haha, that is what I was thinking. GB next time you come to the states…you should go to Moab, Utah and see the arches. That is one of my favorite places.

lamortefille
                      Participant

Or go to Bryce Canyon…or the Grand Canyon…or both! Glad you arrived safely and are having fun: -)

Maria
                        Participant

I’m going a bunch of places, but there are thousands more that I won’t be seeing. I’ll just have to come back.
                          I did set up a blog for the trip, but now I need to reformat my journal. It’s an OpenOffice document, so I need to change it to a Word document before I can post it. I’ll post the link on here when I’ve got it, though.

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Glad that you’re having a good time! If you are near the Atlanta area in your journeys give me a PM or email, we can catch lunch and you can poke at my Windstones-in-progress! πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Maria
                            Participant

I would love to! But I think Michigan is as far east as I’ll be staying this trip. From here on I go east.
                              There are so many people who’ve invited me to say hi, and I won’t be able to. πŸ™ Can you keep that invitation open for another year, Nam? πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                              Participant

Maybe next trip you can visit Georgia and Florida πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.