fbpx

Hi from another Newbie … :-)

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hi from another Newbie … :-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Hey Everyone!
      I joined almost two weeks ago after I saw some neat Windstone Editions Dragons on eBay and some PYO pieces on dA painted by dA members, and traced a few of them back here. Then I found the online Windstone Editions Store and your Wonderful World of Dragons, Kirins, Poads, et all! I remember seeing Windstone Dragons around in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s, but only just got interested in them in late June… so I’m REALLY a Newbie!

My First Windstone is actually a second-hand piece I recently got. She’s an old Brown-Orange Mother from 1985 and I LOVE Her to death! The fabulous detail and her blue and green turquoise color accents on her leathery ‘Brown-Orange’ body are my favorite things about her. I named her “Navarra.” She does have some spots on her scales that have the color rubbed off or minor flakes chipped off, so I’m going to look through the Repairs forum topics for tips and advise.

I’ve already corresponded with some GREAT Forum Members already – you guys are so nice and helpful, I really appreciate the discussions I’ve had so far. I’m also a member of the dA community and have become interested trying to paint my own PYO Dragons, Foo Dogs and Ki-Rins.

I’ve also already ordered a few PYO pieces to try my hand at, and of course I’ll start with the Muse. I used to paint and stain ceramic figurines and animals with my Mom a VERY Long time ago in the 1970’s. This site has ignited my desire to try painting figurines again, so I’m going to see if I still have my touch for detail like I used to. Wish me luck! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Stormbringer777
      Participant

Hi There πŸ™‚ Welcome to the wonderful world of Windstone!! :party: I’m pretty new too…but I’ve met some REALLY AWESOME people so far!!! Good luck with the PYO’s and I’ll probably see you around the forum! πŸ˜‰

Kim
        Blocked

Welcome to the forum! I first got interested in this when I found this website and started seeing posts about grab bags and I’ve been on here ever since. It’s a good place to find other collectors to chat with and find more cool pieces for your collection! Where are you from?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Hey! Welcome to the madhouse – so glad you found us! Feel free to jump right in. We don’t bite too hard, well sometimes the poads do…. πŸ˜‰

twindragonsmum πŸ™‚

tdm

Chloe
            Participant

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad you introduced yourself! πŸ˜€

I am also an old brown lover. That is my all-time favorite production color. Ever. You will find a lot of tips on the forum for fixing her up, and I have had work done by both Kyrin and drag0nfeathers and they both do an incredibly amazing job. πŸ™‚

Have fun here and I look forward to seeing your PYOs!

rock-reader
              Participant

Welcome! Sounds like you’ll fit right in – we can always use another artist.
                One of my first pieces was a Old Brown Male Dragon, bought new in the 80’s and still sitting pretty in my hutch.
                Hope you enjoy yourself!

Ela_Hara
                Participant

Thanks for the welcome, and Glad to be here…
                  But, I thought Poads exploded! 0:)

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Thanks for the Welcome… I’m from the US East Coast in the Maryland-DC-Virginia area.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Thanks for the Welcome and I hope to look around the forum more as I get a chance, and perhaps starting painting my PYO’s in the Fall. I’ve already started researching some color schemes and I need to check out the different types of paints finishes, like the interference colors. I’d love to do a Dragon in a color scheme that reminds you of a Graackle – basically a black colored bird with white eyes but when sunlight hits the black feathers you see an iridescence like an ‘oil slick’ type of effect that shows undertones of blues and purples.

Here’s what a Grackle looks like if you are not familiar:

etruscan
                      Participant

Thanks for the Welcome… I’m from the US East Coast in the Maryland-DC-Virginia area.

Welcome. I don’t know how many of us are here in Maryland and Virginia, but there are some! πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.