fbpx

Hi from Alberta, Canada! This is my story!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Hi from Alberta, Canada! This is my story!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

Hi everyone. I am fairly new here and realized I never had the chance to introduce myself before jumping into getting a grab bag poad and posting to trade it. Since I posted I have already met many of you and thanks for making me feel welcome.

I started with my first Windstone peacock fledgling dragon several years ago and then acquired a young dragon. That was it for many years as I also collected Hamilton unicorns and Ty beanie babies which were my main focus. Unfortunately 5 years ago I was defrauded by a private mortgage lender when I took out an equity loan to try and invest in other properties and he never released the funds, I went through a foreclosure and lost my house and equity.

As if that wasn’t bad enough I started renting for the first time and had a horrible landlord who changed the locks on my house one day because I was behind on the rent and was suddenly homeless and had to stay with friends til I found another place. In the meantime she wouldn’t allow me to get any of my furniture and possessions, put it all into storage and never told me where it was or how to get it back until a couple moths later when I received a bill with moving costs, storage costs and to my horror, disposal costs of taking $100,000 worth of collectibles, antiques, furniture, business inventory and possessions to the dump. I lost everything including all my mom’s and grandma’s possessions I inherited and all of my precious collections. If you can imagine I was shocked and took years to get over it. I was going to sue but didn’t have the money or knowledge do so. It was quite a humbling experience having to start all over from scratch. I now rent with my mom to save money but am almost 30 so trying to save enough to get my own place again and have a family in the future. So until recently I learned to live very simply without many possessions but really missed my collections.

I used to run a business online mostly buying and selling on eBay so I decided to start that again in the last few months, buying and selling collectibles until I find work again. I started with beanies and unicorns again and then happened to come across some Windstone dragons again. So I bought the same two I had before and then came across this website and started getting exciting about collecting other Windstone pieces. I still have a small collection but have a peacock fledgling and young dragon, a rainbow young dragon, a baby white unicorn, a baby white pegasus, my new little grab bag poad I just traded plus a couple other pieces I am selling.

I have a brown and tan male Griffin that unfortunately got chipped moving so I am touching that up before selling. I also have an older brown male dragon to sell. I am also looking to buy a rainbow fledgling dragon, a white young unicorn, maybe another white pegasus and any other grab bag poads or unicorns. I missed the last batch of grab bag unicorns so am really hoping to get one from the new batch or buy or trade for any. So through everything I have been through including depression I find my collections bring me happiness and I am happy to have found a group of other collectors to meet and relate to and communicate with. It feels like a big family I never had before. Great to be here and meet you all.

Kim

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Misty
      Participant

Hi Kim! Welcome to the forum >.<

Sorry to hear all that happened, but I am glad things are getting better! Much happy collecting to you :bigsmile:

Kathleen
        Participant

Welcome πŸ™‚

Falcolf
          Participant

Hello fellow Canadian! πŸ˜€ Nice to meet you!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Sikek
            Participant

Oh my goodness, I’m really shocked with what you’ve been through with housing, I especially can’t believe the nerve your landlord had to take your possessions to the [i]dump![/i] Sorry to hear, hope things are staring to shape up!

And welcome to the forum too! =)

Kim
              Blocked

Thanks for the welcomes. I figure everyone has a story but I like hearing how people go through struggles and overcome them so thought I’d share. It’s been a tough lesson I’ve learned but I know it was a lesson in humility and in a weird way I am grateful I learned it because I now know what’s most important in life which to me are close relationships with family and friends and valuing people more than possessions. That’s not to say we can’t cherish our collections but I think the point is to help others in acquiring something that makes them happy and to be supportive of others, which this site and forum are good examples of including interacting with others and trading things each person would like to get so it’s a win win for everyone. I don’t think collecting items like these would be as fun without the opportunity to interact with and meet others. It’s a great idea! I especially love the idea of the mystery of the grab bags and being able to trade with others. It’s been a happy experience so far. Now I will be even happier if I can get a unicorn this time. πŸ™‚

Hey, glad you joined us and that is one seriously crazy story of loss and overcoming it all. WOW I am a fellow Canadian and Albertan as well. I am in Peace River, AB. Hope you enjoy meeting all the new people on the forum and well…..you are gonna expand the renewed collection here for sure!! πŸ™‚

Kim
                Blocked

Hi! That is cool you are in Alberta too! Nice to meet you. I am trying get more pieces for trades so am excited to see what more I can get. Do you have a big collection and which ones do you collect?

phantomess
                  Participant

Wow, what a story. Congratulations on coming through all that and also on resuming your collecting!
                    And now I’m going to welcome you even though you joined before I did. πŸ˜› Welcome!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Hi! That is cool you are in Alberta too! Nice to meet you. I am trying get more pieces for trades so am excited to see what more I can get. Do you have a big collection and which ones do you collect?

Nice to “Meet” you to!! **WAVES**

I actually do not have a huge collection but it is a LOVED collection. I collect all Peacocks, GB Poads (1 adult Poad), Orientals, Emperors, PYO Keepers. Mostly I collect only what really strikes me! I would love to get Rainbows but alas they are not the easiest or most reasonably priced things to find. I would LOVE to get a Rainbow Emp if I could find one on Pmts or reasonable price!! I freaking LOVE the Rainbow Coloring.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Welcome! Glad you found us!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Kim
                      Blocked

I love the rainbow colour too and then the peacock. I just need to find a rainbow fledgling dragon and I’ll be happy! I just collect the smaller pieces mostly but if you see a fledgling let me know and if I see any rainbows you like I will let you know!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.