fbpx

HEY MIMI!

Home Forums Miscellany Community HEY MIMI!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

What are you cooking me for Thanksgiving???

Skigod377
      Participant

frozendragon
        Participant

skigod377 wrote:

hmm….roasted chestnuts…..

I’m making you some cookies….not sure when they’ll get there….things seem to take forever to get to you….

skigod377 wrote:

Frozen had a good idea there — it would have to be something that could survive the trip to Germany! πŸ˜† I’ve actually thought about sharing my favorite cookies with you guys…but I’ve never sent food in the mail before (aside from candy). I wonder if cookies would survive in the mail? Or maybe candy popcorn would hold up better…

I still need to decide what to make for Thanksgiving. I was thinking about doing something different from the usual Thanksgiving food…especially since I had a bunch of people over yesterday and I made a mini-Thanksgiving meal — roast chicken with lots of gravy, stuffing, buttermilk biscuits, corn, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream/ice cream.

What are you making for Thanksgiving?

Skigod377
          Participant

Cookies should be mailed because then they will break in shipping and have no calories. Even better!

Im not gonna do Thanksgiving this year. I will be snowboarding in Austria but may do a meal the weekend after…when everything is on sale! You can all send cookies, of course! I was supposed to make some last weekend but never did. πŸ˜•

skigod377 wrote:

Cookies should be mailed because then they will break in shipping and have no calories. Even better!

That’s true — I forgot about that! πŸ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

Im not gonna do Thanksgiving this year. I will be snowboarding in Austria but may do a meal the weekend after…when everything is on sale!

Hmm…that’s a good idea…

skigod377 wrote:

You can all send cookies, of course! I was supposed to make some last weekend but never did. πŸ˜•

By the way, how long does it take for stuff to get to you? We’ve established that cookie crumbs are fine, but dried stale cookie crumbs would probably not be good…

skigod377 wrote:

I was supposed to make some last weekend but never did. πŸ˜•

What kind were you planning to make?

Skigod377
            Participant

mimitrek wrote:

By the way, how long does it take for stuff to get to you? We’ve established that cookie crumbs are fine, but dried stale cookie crumbs would probably not be good…

Some things get to me in a few days, others, a few weeks. The mail system is so turbulent around here!

mimitrek wrote:

something with chocolate chips and macadamia nuts! I think I will make them right now!!! *runs off to make cookies* *Runs right back because she has no brown sugar*

skigod377 wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Some things get to me in a few days, others, a few weeks. The mail system is so turbulent around here!

Eek! Hmm…sounds like stuff with a long shelf life would be safest then…

skigod377 wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

something with chocolate chips and macadamia nuts! I think I will make them right now!!! *runs off to make cookies* *Runs right back because she has no brown sugar*

Yum…that sounds good. You should be like me…I always keep at least 3 pounds of brown sugar on hand at all times…he he he…but that’s because I like to stockpile baking supplies when it goes on sale…

Bob

how about if we all send you a fruitcake?? They last forever!!

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

mimitrek wrote:

That is what milk is for…you dump all the crumbs in some milk and make a smoothie out of it! =P Or put them in a milkshake….Or over icecream….Mmmmm Rocky Road icecream with stale chocolate chip cookie crumbles!

Skigod377
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Yuk! People actually eat those? I thought they were just regifted every year…

Bob

skigod377 wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

Yuk! People actually eat those? I thought they were just regifted every year…
                      Well they keep selling so either they are getting eaten or used as bricks in peoples houses

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

😯 I don’t think I want to immagine a house made of bricks of rejected Christmas fruitcake…..

Bob

maybe that what the “Ginger Bread house” from Hansel and Grettle is?

NirvanaCat13
                          Participant

😯 Those poor kids! And they were EATING it, if I remember correctly!:shock:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.