fbpx

Help us hatch

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help us hatch

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

:hi: I just stole a couple of dragon eggs. XD Will you help me and others “Hatch” our clutches? 😀

Pegasi1978
        Participant

We actually already have a Dragon Hatchery thread. :hi: Though it doesn’t get quite as much use now that Dragon Master doesn’t get on quite as often any more. It looks like he’ll still add your eggs if you PM the codes to them.

Bodine
          Participant

:hi: 1138 post to go through?You are assuming everyone is as understanding to all the computer jazz as the rest of you. 😕 This is not so 🙄 Would it not be easier to just explain how these little games are played? 😡 Just some positive feedback how about it? 🙄 🙄
            2898 topics?Some of us just joined,do you go to old topics with 1000+post ?

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

Dragon Master is the godfather to our dragons. If you PM your codes to him, he will make a listing for you on the first post, page 1, of the Dragon Hatchery thread. That way, people can stop off at the first page and click your dragons for you. Dragons can only be clicked from one computer once a day.

Your dragons grow up based on the number of clicks and views, both unique views and repeat views, they receive. Whenever someone clicks on your dragon, it is a click. Whenever someone views a page where your dragons are listed, it is a view. Unique views are when you view the dragons for the first time.

You have seven days to hatch your dragons before they die. Once they hatch, they have seven new days to grow up before they die. Once they grow up, they don’t need clicks or views anymore and you can get some new eggs if you wish. The maximum amount of eggs you can care for is 4: four stolen and one bred egg.

There is more, but that is enough for a start. If you have any questions there are many dragon parents who can help you. Just ask in this thread so you don’t have to read all of the pages in the Dragon Hatchery and we’ll try to help you.

Lokie
              Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: 1138 post to go through?You are assuming everyone is as understanding to all the computer jazz as the rest of you. 😕 This is not so 🙄 Would it not be easier to just explain how these little games are played? 😡 Just some positive feedback how about it? 🙄 🙄
                2898 topics?Some of us just joined,do you go to old topics with 1000+post ?

I want to be helpful, but I can’t even really tell what your problem is from your first and now this post. The first post sort of read to me you wanted people to click your eggs, which is why pegasi gave you a link to post your eggs. If you needed instructions on how to raise them, all you needed to do was say that. No reason for headbanging (and anger; can’t really tell from your post). 🙂

Bodine
                Participant

:hi: Thank you.That’s info..I wanted some help to hatch them,first time I have come across them. I waited a while to get themAnd ,yes,I got a upset,last I checked,a lot of folks vent their frustrations here about different matters.I am just learning how to do these things.That is why I was asking for any help. I have no idea about the codes because I did not put them here. A friend did it for me. The best way to learn is,ask questions and hands on. I asked.If I offended anyone personally,it was not intentional.If the icons were not to be used,why do they work?

purpledragonclaw
                  Participant

When you steal a dragon or adopt an abandoned egg and are successful, a page will pop up with two codes for the egg: one in HTML, one in BBC code. The BBC code is the code you use for forum signatures. You copy and paste the BBC code into your signature, and that is how your dragons will get clicks and views.

To edit your forum signature, log in to the Windstone forum and click on the User Control Panel. Then click on Profile, and then click on Edit Signature. This is where you copy and paste the BBC code. Your forum signature can hold up to three eggs at a time. Once a dragon grows up, delete that particular dragon’s code from your signature (unless you want to keep it there). Then you can steal a new dragon egg, or breed a new dragon egg, and put that into your signature to replace the dragon that grew up.

It’s complex at first, but once you’ve been raising eggs for a while, it gets easier.

Lokie
                    Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Thank you.That’s info..I wanted some help to hatch them,first time I have come across them. I waited a while to get them.I am just learning how to do these things.That is why I was asking for any help. I have no idea about the codes because I did not put them here. A friend did it for me. The best way to learn is,ask questions and hands on. I asked.If I offended anyone personally,it was not intentional.

Totally understandable! And if you originally said that in the first post, there wouldn’t have been any misunderstandings. But it is all good now, you got the help you needed 🙂

bodine6127 wrote:

And ,yes,I got a upset,last I checked,a lot of folks vent their frustrations here about different matters.
                      If the icons were not to be used,why do they work?

Emoticons are fun, and they do have a place here. No one decides for you how you use them 🙂 Just understand that where you use them and who you direct them towards has the potential to alienate you from further help. I read that post and thought, wow, I don’t want to help that person because if they don’t get the answer they expected, they may have an angry outburst and act ungrateful. But I’m in a good (silly) mood, so I thought I would “help”, in a different way 😉

Have a nice night.

Bodine
                      Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

When you steal a dragon or adopt an abandoned egg and are successful, a page will pop up with two codes for the egg: one in HTML, one in BBC code. The BBC code is the code you use for forum signatures. You copy and paste the BBC code into your signature, and that is how your dragons will get clicks and views.

To edit your forum signature, log in to the Windstone forum and click on the User Control Panel. Then click on Profile, and then click on Edit Signature. This is where you copy and paste the BBC code. Your forum signature can hold up to three eggs at a time. Once a dragon grows up, delete that particular dragon’s code from your signature (unless you want to keep it there). Then you can steal a new dragon egg, or breed a new dragon egg, and put that into your signature to replace the dragon that grew up.

It’s complex at first, but once you’ve been raising eggs for a while, it gets easier.

Thank you :)When I joined the forum,I was told, there were no stupid questions here. :bye:

purpledragonclaw
                        Participant

And that remains true! Please feel free to ask us if you need anything!

I’ve already clicked on your dragons, by the way.

Bob

pegasi1978 wrote:

We actually already have a Dragon Hatchery thread. :hi: Though it doesn’t get quite as much use now that Dragon Master doesn’t get on quite as often any more. It looks like he’ll still add your eggs if you PM the codes to them.

I’m on more now, especially since the new eggies came out. I have a bit more time to check these at least I’m making time at least once a day or so to update and move when need be

I just got new ones today

I have added your name to the hatchery
                            Feel free to PM me the codes for your dragons. I need to get the 2nd code, (For forum signatures) for it to work. I will add them to the first page of the hatchery thread
                            I try to keep the hatchery to Eggs ONLY
                            Once they have grown up I move them over to the adult thread.
                            I also PM my codes to Khat7 and she has a couple places to post them to help mine grow up
                            I have over 100 adult dragons now you will get the hang of things VERY quickly

I’ll be more then happy to add you

Bodine
                            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

I’m on more now, especially since the new eggies came out. I have a bit more time to check these at least I’m making time at least once a day or so to update and move when need be

I just got new ones today

I have added your name to the hatchery
                              Feel free to PM me the codes for your dragons. I need to get the 2nd code, (For forum signatures) for it to work. I will add them to the first page of the hatchery thread
                              I try to keep the hatchery to Eggs ONLY
                              Once they have grown up I move them over to the adult thread.
                              I also PM my codes to Khat7 and she has a couple places to post them to help mine grow up
                              I have over 100 adult dragons now you will get the hang of things VERY quickly

I’ll be more then happy to add you

:hi: Thank you and Purpledragonclaw,that was sweet of you,appreciate it 😉

bodine6127 wrote:

:hi: Thank you.That’s info..I wanted some help to hatch them,first time I have come across them. I waited a while to get themAnd ,yes,I got a upset,last I checked,a lot of folks vent their frustrations here about different matters.I am just learning how to do these things.That is why I was asking for any help. I have no idea about the codes because I did not put them here. A friend did it for me. The best way to learn is,ask questions and hands on. I asked.

When you log onto Dragon Cave go to the forum and check out the sticky notes. Here is a good one to start with
                              http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=23248

or here
                              http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=48

Read everything you can for new users. It really does have all the answers there. Best of luck 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.