fbpx

Help Save Beau!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Help Save Beau!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Beau, a golden retriever/white German Shepherd mix, resides in Tennessee, and is currently in a kill animal shelter where he awaits his fate.

Per reports, in September, he attacked and killed a duck (a body / evidence of which has never been produced) and allegedly chased after the duck’s young owner. When animal control arrived and attempted to catch him, Beau responded by raising his hackles, growling, and then running away. Due to this perceived aggression and his owner’s inability to pay the exorbitant amounts of money required to keep a dog that has been deemed “vicious,” he has been scheduled to be put down.

I’m sharing this information with you today because Beau is running out of time. In spite of numerous people offering to take and rehabilitate Beau if that is indeed necessary (and many accounts suggest that it might not be) and in spite of the community and even the mayor’s best efforts to stay the execution, the judge has refused to push back the execution date: Beau only has until November 20th, the same date as his next hearing. A team of pro-bono lawyers are doing everything they can to try to save Beau, but they need our (the public’s) help.

I’m hoping that you all, like me, will believe that this poor animal does not deserve to die for acting on his hunting or fear instincts. There’s currently a petition on change.org to try to save Beau’s life. You can help out by signing it here:
      https://www.change.org/p/save-beau-the-dog-s-life
      And sharing it with anyone you feel might be willing to help save this furbaby from an unnecessary premature demise.

Amstaff
      Participant

How sad 🙁 I wonder if Cesar Millan knows about this case? He has rescued many dogs and rehabilitated them over the years.

Lauren
        Participant

I know that people have been trying to contact Cesar Millan, Betty White, and Ellen Degeneres amongst others to try to bring more attention to the situation, but I don’t know if there has been any success.

Falcolf
          Participant

Poor puppy! I will definitely be signing and sharing. 🙁

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Laurie
            Participant

I know Ellen is on Twitter, ( when I had more time I followed her and she actually answered me once. ;)) I’m sure the others are on twitter or facebook as well. Also the Animal Rescue site might be another option.

Kiera
              Participant

Wow. That is pretty shocking – because my dog, a 10 month old puppy, behaves in pretty much the exact same way. If a stranger approaches the property, she goes into ‘protect!’ mode with hackles and barking… and then runs when they approach. Until I show up, and then she turns into a happy little idiot who pees with joy at being petted. >.< She's a bernese Rottweiler cross, so she is a bit confused at times (the berner in her says 'be goofy' and the rottie says 'be protective' so it is strange watching the switches go back and forth…). So it is hardly a scary behavior for a dog to act like that – protect as a first response, and then run when confronted.

And seriously. Any dog will kill a duck or small animal if it hasn't been taught not to. That's just an unfortunate side of dogs. =/ And it is always possible that the duck was already dead and the dog was just playing with it. Dog probably got all excited over the new 'toy' and then ran after the boy trying to play! So much in this story is just… it's like people are prejudging the dog because it is a shepherd!

Kim
                Blocked

I think this is a bit controversial as we maybe don’t know all the facts but I don’t think the dog should be put down with no evidence of any wrongdoing. I signed it. I had a border collie who would never hurt anyone but had quite a bark on him and didn’t trust men as I think he had been abused before we got him out of the pound. He got out of the yard a couple times and the neighbors claimed he chased and nipped at their kids and the pound fined us. Even if the dog had tried to nip them which I had never seen him try to do to a person, it would be his instinct to nip at a shoe or foot from his sheep herding experiences as we used to take him out and it was not aggressive. Anyway we tried to fight the fine and didn’t win. Luckily they didn’t do anything else with our dog like try and take him in but it really bugged me that they could fine us for something they had no proof of.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.