hearth dragon colors?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody hearth dragon colors?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

ah! That worked ! Thanks. I was thinking this color scheme would look nice.

Rylorien
      Participant

I do really like darker blues, this one included.

With the colors being blue and red though (given blue as the primary) it might end up looking like an inversion of the carnelian’s colors or close to it (red primary with purple/blue accents). I suppose it would depend on how you paint it. Maybe instead of a red, a burnished coppery color?

StormDancer
        Participant

Love that blue but for me in place of the red I’d like to see a dark purple or maybe a smokey grey.

Looking for:
          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Rylorien
          Participant

Seconding what StormDancer said. Dark purple or smoky grey (or both!) would be gorgeous on that blue.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I’m not big into earthy colors usually, but I think a grey take on sandgrouse would be awesome… Instead of the browns and tans dark charcoals and light greys with black and white highlight accenting and a flash of metallic blue or purple in the wing details just for some pop

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Elizabeth
              Participant

Are we likely to see a male hearth dragon in sandgrouse? We got a female in carnelian, and we like to get each piece in different colors.

Rodney

CHRISTINA
                Participant

The female hearth dragon in sandgrouse was so awesome…please do a second batch. The red blue color scheme would be very cool.

GardenNinja
                  Participant

The real question is, are we likely to see a male hearth dragon? To my knowledge, they don’t exist, not even as an in-progress sculpt. On another thread, Susie or Melody said this one got “female” included in her name to leave open the possibility of more varieties in the future.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

CHRISTINA
                    Participant

I see you are releasing a new batch of the female hearth dragon. Will you release any more sandgrouse female hearth dragons?

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

Per Melody’s Facebook:
                        Male hearth dragon, maybe

“People have asked about the possibility of a male Hearth Dragon. Well, this guy may be a little out of scale, but I made him around the same time. This isn’t the finished version. We haven’t found that one yet. It is still packed in a crate somewhere.”

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Elizabeth
                        Participant

It would awesome to see him in sandgrouse!

siberakh1
                          Participant

I really like the idea of earthy colors for a ‘hearth’ dragon, so the Sandgrouse works really well for me. Maybe even a greenish/brown/grey, like a stone covered in dirt and moss or warm colors like the fire. The Carnelian doesn’t work for me on this sculpt if I can only choose one… I think it’s the lack of contrast or the combo? Personal preference. Lighter tones to highlight, probably would appeal to me more for a reddish toned one. Not sure if that ‘mossy stone’ look would actually look good on a sculpt though. I’m perfectly happy with a Sandgrouse (if they restock when it matches my paycheck before selling out 😉 or similar dragon.

GardenNinja
                            Participant

Wow, I think that is just a bit too large for me to collect!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Bodine
                              Participant

I WANTS IT MY PRECIOUS!!!!!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
                                Participant

Another picture of the BIG guy (from the Windstone Facebook page)

“BIG dragon . We never made this one, he was intended for a cement/outdoor ornament. This is an unfinished version.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.