hearth dragon colors?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody hearth dragon colors?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

Aside from carnelian and sandgrouse, what kind of color combinations can we expect to see in future batches? Or are the colors mostly designed on the fly?

I don’t expect I’ll be able to afford one, regardless, but it would be fantastic to have some idea before they hit the store–since they come out in such small batches it would be really unfortunate to splurge on one color only to love a later one better.

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I thought the Carnelian was “Wowza!” the sandgrouse is lovely too!

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

Poo-doo! Had to miss out on the sandgrouse hearth too! Finances not in order right now. Now I’m not sure which color I like better. Please paint a few more sandgrouse hearths at some point. I like the paint detailing with this piece.

Bodine
          Participant

Sandgrouse is quite a beauty.Love those colors.
            She’s listed as Female Hearth.Does this mean there will be a Male Hearth one day?

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
            Keymaster

On the fly. What color would you like to see? I’m thinking we should try a blue-green theme one

Melody
              Keymaster

Possibly. We needed to give her a specific name just in case there are more Hearth dragons in the future.

etruscan
                Participant

That sounds interesting.

Rylorien
                  Participant

Personally I would love to see a dusky purple/indigo color with silver (maybe gold?) and lavendar or light blue accents. If not that perhaps a darker shade of cerulean with pale green, light peach, and coppery accents.

I’d be against something vibrant blue-green a la emerald peacock…I want to see this beautiful sculpt have her own unique sets of colors (and so far they’ve been fantastic).

These probably won’t be perfectly accurate as each person’s monitor is calibrated differently but as long as the idea more or less gets across…some dusky purples, dark blues, and dark blue-green ceruleans.

Dragoneer_88
                    Participant

I know it’s redundant for me to say but…autumn leaf or something similar the serpentine OW test paint from storefront photo.

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Like Rylorien, I doubt I’ll be able to get one of these beauties, but I really like the sandgrouse scheme. It worked really well.

Carnelian is a lovely take on red, but I prefer the sandgrouse. Maybe even more than a blue/green.

StormDancer
                        Participant

I like the colors Rylorien has posted as well. I’d like to see one dark and mysterious.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Kim
                          Blocked

For some reason I can only picture this one with more earthy colours like autumn leaf or gold, green and red. I am sure it would be pretty with more intense colours or bright or dark colours but I like the look of it with lighter and seasonal colours.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                            Keymaster

The Hearth dragon will probably not have the same paint jobs as the metallic “fine finish” dragons. I personally think metallic paint on most of the stone finish things looks pretty yucky. We will experiment. I tried painting an autumn leaf one and I botched it pretty badly! Yay me.

Melody
                              Keymaster

Still can’t get images to appear. Must be me.

Dragoneer_88
                                Participant

What worked for me when posting pictures was to click the IMG button above the reply text box and paste the copied image link into the popup box (or whatever that’s called). Might work if you have’t tried that yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.