fbpx

Have you given up on the pebbles?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Have you given up on the pebbles?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Goof ups could perhaps make good Quest prizes? A special ‘Goof up’ GB Edition would be interesting too!
      The idea of the grey pads covering up any holes or slightly messed up paint on the bottoms seem plausible (at least to me) as well.

I joined after the Pebbles were out of stock/unavailable, so I would love to be able to get one, even slightly imperfect. 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Landipan
      Participant

I know this has been discussed before but for the life of me I can’t think of where to find the thread(If anyone has a link to it, let me know, thanks!) but Has it been considered for any of the pebbles to become PYO’s, since they’re so hard to paint for production?

*Formerly meowmix101
        Not currently open for PYO commissions.

etruscan
        Participant

I know this has been discussed before but for the life of me I can’t think of where to find the thread(If anyone has a link to it, let me know, thanks!) but Has it been considered for any of the pebbles to become PYO’s, since they’re so hard to paint for production?

Is this what you were looking for?

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/pebbles-2

Landipan
          Participant

Is this what you were looking for?

http://windstoneeditions.com/forum/pebbles-2

Thank you!

*Formerly meowmix101

Jasmine
            Participant

Have you tried sticky putty?? I don’t remember if that was mentioned. The reusable kind. You could paint the bottoms, then when that is dry, put just a little bit of the putty on the bottom to keep it stuck to your wheel while you paint the top. I used to use it when I was in high school to keep my posters stuck to the wall cause my parents would have killed me if I had used tacks. Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-Tack

And it’s reusable.

Melody
              Keymaster

Since they’ve been doing insanely well on eBay lately, can some more special ones be painted for eBay or the special section while a solution can be figured out? There currently seems to be a huge demand for the little guys!!

We’ve got lots of really neat looking (and some weird looking) test paints around. Those are what Pam has been putting on ebay.

dragonmedley
                Participant

We’ve got lots of really neat looking (and some weird looking) test paints around. Those are what Pam has been putting on ebay.

If you have a good quantity of the ‘lil critters, why not do a Grab Bag lot?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Scathach
                  Participant

If you have a good quantity of the ‘lil critters, why not do a Grab Bag lot?

Grab Bag “Goof-Up” releases, with a 2 per person limit (hadda ask), would be utterly spectacular!

I’m sure I could find spaces for more cats, wolves, and fennecs. 😉

*sits counting monies*

Life is beautiful.

Pam

Unfortunately the majority of items left are black pebble cats and black or sand femmecs that are either half-painted or broken. I cant find any more arctic, red, or bat eared foxes anywhere. There might be one wolf with some scrapes on his back.

Landipan
                      Participant

Unfortunately the majority of items left are black pebble cats and black or sand femmecs that are either half-painted or broken. I cant find any more arctic, red, or bat eared foxes anywhere. There might be one wolf with some scrapes on his back.

We’ll take ’em!

*Formerly meowmix101

Melody
                        Keymaster

IF they had pads, none of this would be much of an issue. I could just let the bottoms get scruffy and hide it all with a pad. Like we do with everything else.
                          I wanted this line to be rounded and pebble-like with no pads. Oh well, that didn’t work.
                          The fennec is the only one that has a bottom too rounded and small to stick a pad on, but I have re-sculpted it to have a flatter, wider bottom so now they can have pads. The other designs could have pads too, so I guess that is what I am going to do.
                          We still have a gazillion cast fennecs with the rounded bottoms though. I see fennec goof-up grab bag editions in the future.
                          Maybe I should rename them the “don’t be so picky” pebbles
                          “Zen pebbles”
                          “The don’t stress over the small stuff pebbles”
                          or The $#!T happens pebbles.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

LOL. I needed that laugh, melody :bigsmile:

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

chibishiro12
                            Participant

Those are some great names for the pebbles. XD
                              I would totally be up for a “don’t stress over the small stuff pebble” grab bag. Sounds great to me.

Looking for-
                              red fire young dragon
                              old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

Sirithiliel
                              Participant

IF they had pads, none of this would be much of an issue. I could just let the bottoms get scruffy and hide it all with a pad. Like we do with everything else.
                                I wanted this line to be rounded and pebble-like with no pads. Oh well, that didn’t work.
                                The fennec is the only one that has a bottom too rounded and small to stick a pad on, but I have re-sculpted it to have a flatter, wider bottom so now they can have pads. The other designs could have pads too, so I guess that is what I am going to do.
                                We still have a gazillion cast fennecs with the rounded bottoms though. I see fennec goof-up grab bag editions in the future.
                                Maybe I should rename them the “don’t be so picky” pebbles
                                “Zen pebbles”
                                “The don’t stress over the small stuff pebbles”
                                or The $#!T happens pebbles.

lol!! Well, price depending, I’d definitely snap up a $#!T Happens Pebble =P

Landipan
                                Participant

Sign me up for a goof up batch of pebbles as well!

*Formerly meowmix101

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.