fbpx

Have you given up on the pebbles?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Have you given up on the pebbles?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey
    Participant

Hi, I’m just wondering if you gave up on making more pebble animals or are you still trying to come up with a way to paint them for production?

Melody
      Keymaster

Hi, I’m just wondering if you gave up on making more pebble animals or are you still trying to come up with a way to paint them for production?

I want to make more, and I want to find a way to paint them. I think If I do more sculptures, they will need to be big enough hold their ground in a spray booth, so they don’t blow down the exhaust vent!
        These CAN be painted, but they are not as easy to produce as I had hoped. (An understatement)

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Well, the Tad Poads seem to fair okay. Maybe it’s just as simple as flattening out their bases a bit…. I doubt it could be that simple, but maybe…LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
          Keymaster

Well, the Tad Poads seem to fair okay. Maybe it’s just as simple as flattening out their bases a bit…. I doubt it could be that simple, but maybe…LOL!

Yeah that’s right! Tads have a flat bottom and low center of gravity, whereas the fennec( it is mostly that one that is causing the heartburn) will happily take off in a light breeze.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I won’t admit too proudly of possibly spinning my tan fennec like a top once or twice! LOL!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

Since they’ve been doing insanely well on eBay lately, can some more special ones be painted for eBay or the special section while a solution can be figured out? There currently seems to be a huge demand for the little guys!!

Heather
                Participant

Spitballing a crazy idea here: would it work to temporarily affix each Pebble to a dop stick, like a gemworker does? The stick provides a means for holding the stone while it’s being worked. With the Pebbles, a modified dop might be used, say a section of dowel with a small square or round of wood on top (to give larger surface area for the sticking putty) and sticky the underside of the Pebble onto that platform. Then the stick end slips down into a heavy holder, like a block of wood with a hole drilled in the center, and keeps the carving in place while it’s painted. When the painting is done and the piece is dry, unstick the putty or whatever was used to keep the Pebble on the stick, and attach the felt pad. It wouldn’t matter if there was a little stickum residue left, since the pad would cover it up.

Meanwhile I am giggling hysterically at the image of little Pebble foxes bolting for the exhaust vent: “Aaagh! That airbrush tickles! Run away!”

Melody
                  Keymaster

Spitballing a crazy idea here: would it work to temporarily affix each Pebble to a dop stick, like a gemworker does? The stick provides a means for holding the stone while it’s being worked. With the Pebbles, a modified dop might be used, say a section of dowel with a small square or round of wood on top (to give larger surface area for the sticking putty) and sticky the underside of the Pebble onto that platform. Then the stick end slips down into a heavy holder, like a block of wood with a hole drilled in the center, and keeps the carving in place while it’s painted. When the painting is done and the piece is dry, unstick the putty or whatever was used to keep the Pebble on the stick, and attach the felt pad. It wouldn’t matter if there was a little stickum residue left, since the pad would cover it up.

Meanwhile I am giggling hysterically at the image of little Pebble foxes bolting for the exhaust vent: “Aaagh! That airbrush tickles! Run away!”

Yup, that is pretty close to what we are doing. A little suction cup on a handle that holds each one.It works, but it still leaves a mark on the bottom. The idea was to have a nice smooth ,perfect bottom without a pad. Can’t do that. I re-sculpted the fennec to have a more squarish flat bottom,so we can stick a pad on them, but we still have a BUNCH of fennec castings with the round bottom. I guess we’ll have some goof-up editions in the future.

Falcolf
                    Participant

Goof ups are sweet. 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Dandr13
                      Participant

I’m sure the flat bottoms would look great as well. I hope it works for all the pebbles – I’d love to have a set of foxes some day.

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Goof up gb foxes would be awesome! I love and adore my goof up wolves!

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Yup, that is pretty close to what we are doing. A little suction cup on a handle that holds each one, works, but it still leaves a mark on the bottom. The idea was to have a nice smooth ,perfect bottom without a pad. Can’t do that. I re-sculpted the fennec to have a more squarish flat bottom,so we can stick a pad on them, but we still have a BUNCH of fennec castings with the round bottom. I guess we’ll have some goof-up editions in the future.

I am still DYING for pebbles that look like Netsuke… ivory colored or dipped in tea… I’d love that. I don’t give a floof what the bottom looks like!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
                            Participant

I am still DYING for pebbles that look like Netsuke… ivory colored or dipped in tea… I’d love that. I don’t give a floof what the bottom looks like!

YEAH!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
                              Participant

YEAH!

Same here!!!!

tdm 😀

tdm

rock-reader
                                Participant

How are the fennecs being painted now? I think I would miss the feeling of a pebble in my hand but as I can’t seem to get any more pebble animals (I keep getting outbid) (I have two fennecs) I’d be happy to get them anyway I can. Don’t worry about the castings of the current fennecs – I predict that even with a goof up status they will sell out in record time. Any color, with or without sparkle paint would be great! :bigsmile:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.