fbpx

Have you ever had…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Have you ever had…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

One of those jobs that you had to take, and now don’t technically need, but find it hard to quit anyway?

I still work for JCP, I’ve had the job since 2006. I don’t need it, really, I only work there one day every two weeks, which amounts to somewhere in the vicinity of $80 a month. This is in addition to my full time job at the newspaper.

I have stuff I kind of wanted to work on at home today, but…I can’t because I’ll be leaving in 45 minutes to do 6 hours in a retail job I’m not fond of, don’t want anymore but…haven’t quit yet. And I’ve got no idea why. If I had to pay for my gas to get there, it wouldn’t be worth it.

I kind of wish I could quietly fade away from it and not have to actually put in two weeks, but Lord knows I’d kind of like to leave on good terms…just in case.

I’m such a flake.

LadyFirebird
      Participant

You’re not a flake! If the full time job is meeting your needs then just give JCP notice of your intention to leave. Two weeks is customary but you could also give them a month. Believe me, with the economy the way it is now, they should have no problem filling your spot and you would leave on good terms. 🙂

ugh… yeah, seems to be the story of my life. i always get sucked in to helping people out and it turns into a lifetime commitment because i feel too guilty to let anyone down.

i’m sure it’s nice to have that extra $80, but if its making you unhappy, i would definitely just give them your two weeks and move on. its not worth being unhappy… but that’s just my two cents 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.