fbpx

Have Had Better Days-It is a Better Day!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Have Had Better Days-It is a Better Day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Howdy,
    I realize I haven’t been posting much (working with a computer who keeps doing funky things with the cursor) but I’m actually on my home computer right now. A couple of weeks ago I had a 6 month follow up brain MRI to make sure everything was ok. I saw my oncologist today and the scan was “equivical.” Basically there are several small pin point lesions in my brain that weren’t there 6 months ago. They could either be a side effect of avastin, one of the chemo drugs I’ve been on, or they are indications of spread of the lung cancer to the brain (which, unfortunately, evidently is fairly common with lung cancer.) He was very kind and very clear that 4 different doctors can’t tell for sure. Basically I need to wait to the end of the month and go for another scan and compare the two. So I’ll know July 30th (hopefully). Worse case is that if it is spread then I go for 10 radiation treatments which should buy me more time and be very effective.

I’m trying really hard not to freak out and be optimistic but it’s hard. Last year I believed for nearly 2 months that yes, I had pneumonia because I was so low risk for lung cancer that I guess now I just expect the worse. And having the cancer spread to my brain has always been my night mare scenario. But I’m going to try not to dwell on it – I’m going to drive down to the shore in a few minutes (I got really lucky and found a house to rent down at the Jersey shore for the summer) and tomorrow hopefully go on a whale/dolphin watch and just enjoy being out on a boat.

But as if that wasn’t enough for today one of my cats, Dragon, is sick. I brought her up with me to the animal hospital I used to own. Blood work is pending and a doctor came and did an ultrasound on her today. She definitely has bladder stones and may be having a flare of inflammatory bowel disease so she needs surgery. The good news is a friend of mine from high school who is a really good vet stopped by while I was on the phone with the staff. MJ said that she’ll make sure Dragon’s surgery gets done in the next couple of days even if she has to stay late. She is an awesome person. So I know Dragon is in good hands but I feel bad that she’s going to need to stay at the hospital – it’s a 2 and 1/2 hour drive back down to the shore and Dragon hates the car. I’m just really lucky that I can have her stay there and get the treatment she needs. It’s just the timing kind of sucks.

I have definitely had better days. But maybe I’ll get to see a whale tomorrow. I just hope the eyes open flap cats don’t go up in the store while I’m driving back! ๐Ÿ˜€

Jasmine
    Participant

I hope you get good news the next time you go in. Sorry things have been so hard for you. *Huge Hugs* Enjoy the whale/dolphin watching.

Starbreeze
      Participant

I hope everything goes well for you at the next doctor’s visit. I’m sending lots of good thoughts your way, both for you and Dragon. Hang in there!!

If you see whales, I hope you take pics!!

Adaneth
        Participant

I hope those results at the end of the month come back good for you! And that you’re able to set it aside, as much as possible. Hope Dragon recovers quickly and you get to see a whale, too!

LadyFirebird
          Participant

I hope you have much better days to come! I hope your cat gets better. I just hope something good comes your way and I’m sad and sorry things aren’t going very well right now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

dragonmedley
            Participant

Oh, that sucks! But like the others said, I hope it’s just a side effect.

Big hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

purpledragonclaw
              Participant

I’m sorry you’re going through such hard times, ddvm. You and your cat will be in my prayers tonight. I hope you get to see a whale tomorrow.

twindragonsmum
                Participant

*sending you calming and healing energy and thoughts* I’m sorry you are having to experience this – it just doesn’t seem fair that you should have to deal with this :negative: {{HUGS}}

twindragonsmum and family ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Megan
                  Participant

I hope you get good news, ddvm. The waiting is never easy. Big hugs for you and your little buddy Dragon! *huuugs!*

laphon1
                    Participant

I am so sorry that this is not a good day for you DDVM. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is a side effect and nothing more serious.

And it sounds like Dragon is in good hands.

Hope you get to see lots of whales and dolphins.

**HUGS for you and Dragon**

darjeb
                      Participant

I hope everything gets better for both you and Dragon soon. Best of luck

Bob

why are so many bad things happening to so many good people???
                          Sounds like your vet is as loving as mine is.
                          My 2nd one had crystals in his bladder like 6 years ago and all he needed was pills to disolve the crystals and then I had to start giving them Urinary tract formula since I can’t seperate my cats food
                          I hope EVERYTHING comes out well for you and dragon

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

why are so many bad things happening to so many good people???

I think it has to do with life cycles… How would we be able to recognize the good things in life if we didn’t have some not so good things to have to deal with? *still sucks, nevertheless, I don’t like bad times my own self ๐Ÿ™„ * Hang tough – we have a truly superlative family here and it helps to get us through the rough patches ๐Ÿ™‚

twindragonsmum

tdm

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

*hugs* sorry to hear things are not going smoothly. I hope it turns out to be not too serious.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.