fbpx

haunted places

Home Forums Miscellany Community haunted places

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

We had talked about ghosts and hauntings in another thread, which started out as something else. I’m still interested in hearing people’s ghost stories, so I thought I’d start a new thread.

I was just looking around online and I found this page:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/griggs.html

This was the setting of my story of when I stayed with my boyfriend Andy and something tried to push me out of bed.

Jodi
      Participant

My Step Gramma Mary ran one of the Boarding houses for Mooseheart in Chicago. I went there one Christmas and stayed in an empty room. It had 24 rooms meant for girls to stay in, and then a great room and dining room and sleeping quarters for Mary.
        While everyone downstairs wa sleeping I was lying awake upstairs listening to all kinds of stuff. Clunking, footsteps, giggles, and other whatnots that you can think of…24 doors also. I tried to tlak aobut it the next day and my father told me I was nuts, they didn’t hear a sound. I slept the whole 2 and a half hours home in the Explorer. Gramma told me years later that what I heard was probably the truth since dhe had heard it before and after our visit… 8)
        It was fun…sorta. πŸ˜†

Maria
        Participant

I wonder what happens when a house like the Griggs mansion is torn down and new building is put up. Would the ghosts go away or move into the new house?

hahahahahahaha!!! I had daydreams while reading that about the Griggs Mansion of me laying in bed listening to the footsteps and finally saying “STOP MAKING ALL THAT RACKET- I’m trying to sleep for Christ’s sake!” and then with the window- it being open and cold out and kindly asking whatever presence in the room to please shut the window because it was cold and then the window shutting slowly and me saying “I can’t see you (and probably don’t want to) but thank you” then blowing a kiss and going back to whatever I was before I felt the draft.

I’d probably be creeped out but if they wer ein any way manageable that would be fine :p

Skigod377
          Participant

I just dont believe it. If its haunted, why are visitors and ghost hunters not welcome? Because they will be shown as the frauds they are, maybe? Someone is making money (Lots) every time a buyer resells that house after only living there for a year or two. Its a hoax. (IMO)

Maria
            Participant

πŸ˜† Probably.

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

What about Frozen’s butt? I’m sure there have to be haunted horor stories about that!? LoL

Elena
                Participant

I work in theatre and supposedly most theatres have some sort of haunt. My personal experiance is that one of the theatres at my College had a ghost that liked to drop pot lights (no one ever got hit) during the Strike (teardown) of the show. The pot lights are welded into the roof at that is about 10feet above the Grid where the theatre lights are hung. This has happened something like once a year over 10 or more years.

Also at a theatre I worked for out on Vancouver Island you could periodically look up at the Booth (where the Lights and Sound are controlled from) and see one or 2 dark shapes sitting behind the Stage Manager. When we asked him who was up he swore that no one had been up there with him. It was kind of creeepy, but at least all those ghosts ever did was watch the show!

Jodi
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I just dont believe it. If its haunted, why are visitors and ghost hunters not welcome? Because they will be shown as the frauds they are, maybe? Someone is making money (Lots) every time a buyer resells that house after only living there for a year or two. Its a hoax. (IMO)

It’s subdivided into small studio apartments. I’m sure people just don’t want to deal with the publicity it would get. There must be 20 apartments in that house.

Believe me, it’s NOT a hoax! I didn’t know it was supposedly haunted when I stayed there, so I wasn’t pre-informed of the activity. I felt the eyes watching me walk through the art studio. And believe me, that hatred was palpable. The “person” that crawled between me and Andy in bed and tried to push me out was very real too. I wouldn’t stay overnight there again after that.

Skigod377
                    Participant

Im still skeptical. I have honestly never met anyone who has seen a ghost that I would not consider a little loopy. Not that they are not nice/cool to hang with… I just dont think they are reliable when it comes to that.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Add me to your loopy list. I really did see the ghost of one of my dogs right after she passed away. πŸ˜‰

Skigod377
                        Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Add me to your loopy list. I really did see the ghost of one of my dogs right after she passed away. πŸ˜‰

My mom insists she sees ghosts, too. Mostly of her animals that have passed. I just wonder how come I have never seen them? (And yes, I def consider my mom “loopy.” πŸ˜›

Starbreeze
                          Participant

LOL…why should they visit you if you won’t believe that you see them??? πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

And being called “loopy” doesn’t bother me, ’cause I am loopy!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                            Participant

starbreeze wrote:

LOL…why should they visit you if you won’t believe that you see them??? πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

And being called “loopy” doesn’t bother me, ’cause I am loopy!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Good point. I would believe if I saw… Of course.. I kinda dont want to see cuz that would be scary 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.