fbpx

hatching pegasus question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody hatching pegasus question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Purplecat
      Participant

I was looking at the hatching pegasus the other day…admiring that wing that sticks out so thin and fragile….and it occured to me what a pain in the butt the “latticing” in between the pinion feathers, those little open spaces had to be.

My question is, does the mold have little cuts for those latticing holes, or are they individually carved out, with the wing being cast whole?

Is that wing also the reason why he’s only come out in two colors? that feature of the sculpt would make him much harder to produce I’d say….which is sad cause I can think of soo many colors he’d be cute in.

I ask cause he’s probably one of my all time favorites of your pieces….partly because of the awesome cuteness of the piece, and also because of the sheer moldmaking and casting skill he must take. I like the petite delicateness of it.

Adaneth
        Participant

I read on the Forum somewhere that the outspread wing is pewter. Melody’s talked about doing something like that with the PYO phoenix ‘crest’ and some other pieces, I believe. 🙂

Purplecat
          Participant

ah neat…that is interesting! I had to go down and peer at mine all over again, haha. Well, I will say the connection on mine is seamless. I would never have guessed!

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Yes, I believe that wing is cast pewter.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Yeah, if you go back quite a ways in this section there is a thread with it mentioned. I don’t believe it was a specific question about the hatching Pegasus, but that it was mentioned in passing with talk about the Phoenix PYO and how to make it’s crest. Oh, and the hand of the Mouse Wizard I think is pewter too…The one with the tiny out stretched fingers. I know the hatching Pegasus isn’t the only piece though. :scratch:

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Huh, that’s interesting. Learn something new everyday 😀 .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.