fbpx

Hatcher Colors!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hatcher Colors!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hi there! I have two questions:

1) Are you going to paint more regular hatching dragons in the red fire color?

2) Are there plans to paint regular hatchers in newer colors, like sand and serpentine?

Thank you!

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I’m not Melody, but she has said before that all sculpts produced in a retired color will not be restocked. So no more red fire on anything that is currently out there. There are no red fire hatching royalty, no red fire coiled male or mother dragons, so there is a possibility we MAY see those in the future if we squeak loud enough. 🙂

Lupuslunae
        Participant

SQUEAK!!! for any hatching royalty…

…I know Melody said they wouldn’t be doing any non-Ebay hatching royalty for some time because of the difficulties involved with those pieces, but how long of a wait does that mean? Will I have hatching royalty dragons for christmas? Or is further production of those pieces not even on the timeframe radar?

Jennifer
          Keymaster

*whispers* I think Melody might want to phase out regular hatchers?

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

Nuuuuuuu!!! At least not until we have silver hatchers(they were released in the royal set, but there was never a regular).

Stephanie
              Participant

Oooh, okay. I didn’t know red fire had been officially retired.

Eeep! No more regular hatchers?

Melody
                Keymaster

Isn’t that a red fire one in the middle? We have retired the Red Fire color. Causes too much heartburn.

I don’t want to produce hatchers anymore.
                  They are killing us, the last batch took a painter all week to paint 35 of them. So unless there is some kind of break through with the painting process, I don’t plan to make more, except for Ebay.
                  You’ll need a silver one too.
                  I am trying to come up with a new hatcher to replace the old one for production. This one will be easier to paint!

Stephanie
                  Participant

I have a ‘mistake’ red fire with red eyes, so I’m still on the lookout for a regular red fire with orange eyes.

Ahh, yeah, I understand! They’ve had a good run, but if they’re that difficult to paint…

Having a hatcher in silver would be wonderful though, before the sculpt was retired.

And a new hatcher would be awesome!

Thank you so much!

Oh, Melody, please just one more regular hatcher in copper patina! I have 23 pairs of matching youngs and regular hatchers and one pore lil copper patina young with no matching hatcher and he’s so lonesome without a partner!!! There is no substitute for a matching partner!!! (squeak, squeak!!) :((

Melody
                    Keymaster

We COULD try copper patina – if the egg and base are all the same color that would make painting them about a million times easier!
                      The big problem with these hatchers is all the edges of color that have to be perfect, and the difficulty of keeping the shell clean.

Lupuslunae
                      Participant

If keeping the shell clean is so troublesome, why not make them spotty and colorful? An egg with pattern and flaws would be more natural. I could see dragon’s coming out of speckled eggs, brown eggs, robin blue eggs…

Jennifer
                        Keymaster

If keeping the shell clean is so troublesome, why not make them spotty and colorful? An egg with pattern and flaws would be more natural. I could see dragon’s coming out of speckled eggs, brown eggs, robin blue eggs…

It’s the sharp contrast of two colors against each other (e.g. brown egg with a blue dragon) moreso than keeping the white ‘perfect’.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                          My art: featherdust.com

Melody
                          Keymaster

That would work if the dragon wasn’t bright purple or something. Even a tiny-tiny bit of over spray is really hard to hide. We are painting the remainder of the hatchers in copper patina! They don’t look too bad.

Stephanie
                            Participant

Ooooh, yay! Hopefully I can snag one! 😀

Lupuslunae
                              Participant

ooo copper patina sounds wonderful. Only have the male dragon in that color, so he could use a little buddy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.