fbpx

Has anyone seen these poor damaged ebay dragons for sale?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Has anyone seen these poor damaged ebay dragons for sale?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I just noticed these dragons on ebay and the poor things are not in good shape but does anyone know if the seller is on this forum? If not I hope maybe people from here can get them and fix them up! It makes me wonder why someone would buy multiple pieces from a seller and not talk to them about how to pack them properly and how the seller would not have a clue they could get this broken if not packed properly.

Here are the links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Peacock-Oriental-Dragon-DAMAGED-Figurine-Statue-Magical-/151180614913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2333111d01

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Peacock-Lap-Dragon-DAMAGED-Figurine-Statue-Magical-/151180611270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2333110ec6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Peacock-Hatching-Dragon-DAMAGED-Figurine-Statue-Magical-/161165963180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25863d6fac

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

pony-up
      Participant

I bought a 4 piece lot of dragons on ebay last year and described to the gentleman in detail how to properly pack them. He DID double box them, but all he did for packing the actual dragons was place each inside a UPS bubble envelope and stick each inside a box where they were free to slide around. The two small pieces were fine, but the mother and spectral were bashed to pieces. It was quite heartbreaking. 🙁

Falcolf
        Participant

I saw those dragons! I feel so sorry for them, the poor things!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

fatalbeauty
          Participant

saw those poor things, I never get why people can’t understand that these things are breakable, I guess they feel that they’re heavy and think that they won’t break….I won’t buy a lot of Windstones for this reason from ebay, I worry too much that they will all arrive broken…..

at any rate, hopefully these guys will get snagged up and given a proper fixing up…..

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

dragonmedley
            Participant

I’m hoping I can get the oriental. I’m thinking I’ll have to recast the tail like I did for that young oriental, and also the face…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

I was watching them to fix and possibly repaint them, but I’m probably going to pass. Just too much going on and no time to invest right now. I hope someone is able to fix them well and bring them back to life

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kim
                Blocked

The most I have ever had shipped in a box were four small pieces from Windstone that were double boxed good but I usually won’t get more than 2 pieces to ship together and I always tell the seller how to double box and then ask them to confirm with me how they were boxed before shipping. Luckily nothing I have ever gotten in that way has arrived damaged. But yeah I feel sorry for such lovely pieces getting that broken. I don’t have the skills to fix pieces though so am glad other people can do it. I have Kyrin fixing some pieces for me right now and funny thing is they were not shipped to me but I drove to 3 hours to Edmonton to pick up this lot and then saw when I got there that a few had damage. I wasn’t going to leave without them though so offered her less money and brought them back with the hopes of fixing them only to realize I didn’t have a clue so sent them to Kyrin.

fatalbeauty
                  Participant

I just can’t seem to get most ebay people to double box correctly, either they say they will and don’t, they double box but the box is barely bigger than the piece and I find newspaper in the second one and some times both or they double box but fail to pack the sculpt properly…..

1. Mother Meerkat
                    2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Kim
                    Blocked

I ask sellers if they have bubble wrap and packing peanuts and if they don’t i tell them to get them and say exactly how to double box. I think I scare them by saying if they are not packed that way that they could easily chip or break and then they would have to go though the hassle of a claim or return and have to refund money so everyone so far has agreed it’s much better to be overly protective with packing than not. I always message them about double boxing before I bid on something too so I make sure they know how to do it before I decide to bid on something.

fatalbeauty
                      Participant

I ask sellers if they have bubble wrap and packing peanuts and if they don’t i tell them to get them and say exactly how to double box. I think I scare them by saying if they are not packed that way that they could easily chip or break and then they would have to go though the hassle of a claim or return and have to refund money so everyone so far has agreed it’s much better to be overly protective with packing than not. I always message them about double boxing before I bid on something too so I make sure they know how to do it before I decide to bid on something.

I give them the ebay Windstone packing link but still I get lazy sellers who seem to think it’s overkill and do it their own way…..

1. Mother Meerkat

etruscan
                        Participant

I just can’t seem to get most ebay people to double box correctly, either they say they will and don’t, they double box but the box is barely bigger than the piece and I find newspaper in the second one and some times both or they double box but fail to pack the sculpt properly…..

In my experience, newspaper works OK if the piece is also wrapped in lots of bubble wrap. It is rattling around in a box that does the damage. Two big hatching dinos (the velociraptor and T. rex) arrived safely when wrapped well in bubble wrap and cushioned with lots of crumpled newspaper.

When contacting sellers of Windstones without original boxes, I ask that they wrap the piece in lots of bubble wrap and then surround it well with either crumpled newspaper or packing peanuts. So far, so good, and everybody has been very cooperative. Maybe this is less intimidating than double-boxing?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.