fbpx

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Home Forums Miscellany Community HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

Jennifer wrote:

I dressed up in a full phoenix costume I made, and we did about 8 pumpkins and spent all afternoon decorating. We usually get droves of kids here, over 80 or 100! This year we got perhaps 20 at the most. I don’t understand… a Friday night, perfect weather…! I wonder where all the kids were.

Pictures?????

Melody
      Keymaster

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Happy Halloween!

My son’s costume

AWWW!!

Elena
        Participant

we had a great night! 28 kids showed up at our door, with dads in tow. We usually get about 12,we are at the far end of the neighborhood sokids are usually too tired or frozen to get this far! It was a balmy 13C so I’m sure that helped us get more too! Most halloweens here are below zero with snow, the pumpkins look cool in the snow but we always had to make our costumes so that we can fit a snowsuit on under it! πŸ˜›

twindragonsmum
          Participant

We had, maybe, 13ish or so. Our community is mostly farms so the city does trick or treating at the city park. They call it ‘trunk or treat’ πŸ˜† All of the businesses in town participate and many of the households and neighborhoods do too. It’s like a big town party with music and games as well as costumes and candy. Our one and only teeny movie theatre does of free showing of all the ‘old’, classic halloween cartoons and the bowling alley has free lanes. Lots of fun, but I do miss the house to house bit…

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

I had…. ZERO! hahaha… but then again that`s what I get for living in an apartment. Didn`t get much in Valleyview either (for the same reasons as Foxfeather).

Things have changed so much in just a few years. When my brother bought his house, people used to load up mini-vans of kids and come over to his neighborhood. They would park all up and down the streets, it was hard to get through! The past couple of years, he says there have been just a few, I think he said he heard the neighborhood dogs bark a couple times last night, that’s it. Our town has a lot of “events” at the local Minor league ballfield, malls, and so on, I guess people just don’t feel safe with the house to house any more. A friend of mine from work said they had 6, another said he had one teen around 8:30 πŸ™„

Bob

WELL I got to see/clean off a few tomatoes off my garage door!!
              As for ME!!! I was the Bride of Frankenstein. I was the HIT again at my full time job and when I walked in Long’s to have my picture taken for the Employee costume Contest EVERYONE was shocked. I then was off to the Bolt in Sacramento it’s a bar up there and I took 1st place and won a Dynex 36″ flap panel HD TV. I don’t need a 2nd TV so I will be trying to sell it. One of my managers said he might buy it for the retail price of $500. I looked it up and that is the list price. It’s brand new still in the factory sealing.
              I was happy and a bit surprised with all the costumes that showed up.
              One guy came as a potted plant when he was crouched down you would NEVER know a person was in there. He called himself the Anti Bush. I thought he was going to win they did give him $25 in Bolt bucks so basically a $25 bar tab for most original. My Dress and coat got FILTHY. Everyone was stepping on them all night. My downstairs neighbor did the hair and REALLY helped me in every way getting dressed and everything. Before they announced the winner the guy said the winner had everyhting they where looking for the hair, Jewelry, make-up and clothing when he mentioned hair and jewelry I knew it had to be me, since I was the only one wearing jewels.
              I only have pics in my phone and I’m still not sure how to post them so if anyone can help I can send you the pics I have

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Congrats, DM! Sounds like fun and I do want to see pix! πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Bob

One of my managers is buying the TV for $400 so I can get some things paid off!!YEAH
                  If you send me your e-mail (PM) I can try and send you the pics from my phone and then you could post them if you would that would be GREAT

Jasmine
                  Participant

That’s so cool DM. Congrats!!

Arlla
                    Participant

Well I’m glad we aren’t the only ones – we only got about 5 trick or treaters this year! D: I’m hoping it’s just a bad year. We don’t know the neighborhood yet, so I don’t know if the turnout was typical. We do live on the very end of our street, so maybe the kids just don’t come down this way… I hope we get more next year!!

I didn’t dress up this year, but I did make a bunch of decorations with a few of our left over moving boxes, which was tons of fun. The tombstones are all characters from the book my husband is writing, as is the cat (well, he’s sort of a character, kind of…) The big jackolanterns are cardboard cut outs with tissue paper and candles behind them. We carved pumpkins, too – I usually spend most of halloween day doing pumpkins, but I was still busy with the tombstones so I just hashed out two quickies at the last second. I hope we get more kids next year!!!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

That cat… is seriously cute πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Oh, Arlla, I love the pumpkin with the “eyebrow” up!

And here are my gothic enchanteress daughter (she was so proud of that wig!) and her kitty friend.
                        The loot was good this year, and we ran out of candy (much to my dismay – no matter, we bought some on sale and I pigged out yesterday).

I think the Unicef smiley face sticker ruins the gothic image, but apparently, I don’t know anything, so it stayed on πŸ˜€

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

darjeb
                        Participant

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

FROM

JOYCE AND TRISTEN
                          darjeb WOOF WOOF

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.