fbpx

HALP! Cloudy spray finish!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone HALP! Cloudy spray finish!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

*runs around in circles screaming*

I finished painting my Muse finally, but oh lawrd, I guess Missouri summers are too darn humid to spray finishes on, even in the morning! I usually spray things outside because I don’t want any fumes to get to my baby lovebird, Gypsy, so I didn’t really know what my choice was!

The finish of the spray finish, which is supposed to be a glossy glaze, is all grainy and cloudy. I’M GUESSING since it says “Do not spray under high humidity. If glaze looks cloudy…” UNDER ONE BULLET of instructions it’s the infamous Missouri humidity that did it.

I can spray it like…a THIRD time like the instructions say. But I want to ask first before I spray inside the house (on a seperate level of the house from my pets): Have any of you run into this before because of humidity? I know some of you live in much more humid places than Missouri. 🙁

*HOPES HOPES HOPES she can salvage…*

EDIT: It’s a Krylon acrylic finish, for those curious. I used a Krylon Satin finish on my gryphons and they worked AWESOME (mind you I spray fixed them in fall) and the thing said you can spray this stuff on plaster, so I figured I was safe. Maybe not? D:

Laurie
    Participant

I don’t know if car paint is the same but when I tried to clear coat some auto parts I got the same milky look . After I let them sit out at night it cleared up but it had me worried that my three days of prep and paint was ruined.

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I use Krylon acrylic clear coat (satin) for all my griffins.

Sometimes if it’s humid out, I gotta wait till the humidity drops to spray. I spray all my work outside too (I have parrots). If it gets a little milky looking, I’ve found that if I let it set in a cool, dry place (indoors) for 24-48 hours the milkiness all goes away. Let it dry for a day or two and you should be good to go!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Oiy, I wish I had advice on this but my total sympathies. I just moved to Florida so I’m potentially going to have this issue a few times myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.