fbpx

Halloween Fun!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Halloween Fun!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Alright, so Halloween is just under a week away and if I remember correctly, most of us have fun dressing up, decorating the yard etc. I had started a thread in Arts, http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14310 for Pumpkins, cause no matter how simple or elborate they are all Art (and it takes some skill to wield that knife πŸ˜€ ) but there is so much more to Halloween than Pumpkins… So here is a thread to celebrate this crazy holiday!

Show off your costumes, Pics of the yard, Tell us your plans, Gloat about how much candy you’ve eaten… It’s all in good fun!

Elena
      Participant

machineguts
        Participant

Awesome thread idea foxfeather! πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to see everyone’s costumes, decorations, etc. I love this time of year!

Rusti
          Participant

I do actually have a costume this year, since we’re allowed to dress up at work. Hopefully I’ll have photos to share! I’m going as a Hogwarts student, cloak, tie, sweater (which was destined for ebay with the rest of it after use, but I think I will keep) borrowed wand and all.

Let me just admit that I’m quite glad that it’s supposed to be 62 degrees out Friday when I’m at work, cuz I forsee possible overheating!

bayoudragon
            Participant

Unfortunately, even though Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, I don’t get to decorate or anything. No creepy yard, no costume parties, I don’t even get to hand out candy…. so I won’t have any pics to post. πŸ™

Instead of the “normal” Halloween activities, I work for one of the best haunted houses in the country, The 13th Gate. It’s DEFINITELY WORTH the trade-off! There’s a wonderful camaraderie that forms between everyone there. We all look forward to it every year. πŸ™‚

But I can’t wait to see every one’s pics!! πŸ˜€

bayoudragon wrote:

Unfortunately, even though Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, I don’t get to decorate or anything. No creepy yard, no costume parties, I don’t even get to hand out candy…. so I won’t have any pics to post. πŸ™

why not? πŸ˜•

bayoudragon
              Participant

Because I’ll be working for the Gate… unless you want to see a couple of 13th Gate pictures. 8)

ohhh… gotcha.. haha 😳

Katherine
                Participant

Well, I am going to go a couple different times (trick or treating) but the best one will be going with my friend, Kri. She made a bobcat furry costume for Anthrocon, and she will go as the bobcat (Which Chloe will LOVE) and Chloe will be a ladybug. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

On Sunday, my brother’s girls came over for a bit of Halloween fun (since my son will be with his daddy this weekend). I had gotten the idea that the kids might enjoy a cake I remember my mom making several times when I was a child. We decided to change things up a little.

While the cake was cooking we decorated the front of the house with the same decorations I used when I was their age.

Once the cake was cooled it was decorated. (The recipe we changed up was the “Ghost Cake with Flaming Eyes” from the Betty Crocker’s Cookbook for Boys and Girls.)

Then last night the downtown merchants had trick or treating for the kids. Neighborhood trick or treating is on Saturday in my ex’s area and Sunday for mine, so my son will have two more opportunities to grab loot. πŸ˜€

Jerusha
                    Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Because I’ll be working for the Gate… unless you want to see a couple of 13th Gate pictures. 8)

Yes. Yes we do.

I used to work haunted houses at Halloween. Sooooo much fun!!! Did you guys have employee lingo like “yellow badges”, Bayoudragon?

bayoudragon
                      Participant

omg, pegasi! Those pics are the cutest! And I love the ghost cake!! πŸ˜€

Jerusha wrote:

bayoudragon wrote:

Yes. Yes we do.

I used to work haunted houses at Halloween. Sooooo much fun!!! Did you guys have employee lingo like “yellow badges”, Bayoudragon?
                        Yellow badges?? Like when people are so scared they pee on themselves? XD 😈 We mostly have a nicknames for certain areas and things in the haunt.

I’ll have to go through my pics and see what I have. We can’t post many pics because of copyright/proprietary issues, mostly because of the detail with the sets. But here’s a little clip from a couple years back though that I can post… πŸ™‚

13th Gate

We have 2 more nights left to go – Friday and Saturday… then it’s back to being “normal”. πŸ˜†

Rachel
                        Participant

Let’s see if this works. I spent many hours on the wings.

Me and my friend Krista (as a wing woman)

After the masquerade, so the makeup isn’t great, but the wings are visible. The choker actually holds the wings upright.

Backs of the wings.

*edit–thanks to Flamingdragon, I now know how to make the pics bigger πŸ˜€

ghostndragon wrote:

Let’s see if this works. I spent many hours on the wings.

Me and my friend Krista (as a wing woman)

After the masquerade, so the makeup isn’t great, but the wings are visible. The choker actually holds the wings upright.

Backs of the wings.

looks great!! would love to see bigger pics of them πŸ˜€

bayoudragon
                          Participant

As would I. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.