fbpx

Had one arrive in pretty rough shape today.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Had one arrive in pretty rough shape today.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

An update!

I am actually quite please with it on the whole. It’s not perfect by any means… But I gave it my best!

In bright light you can see that I had a hard time matching the colour. Thankfully, in regular indoor lighting, you can’t see any difference πŸ™‚

Thank you drag0nfeathers for the advice regarding texture, it helped a ton!

Kim
      Blocked

You did a great job fixing it Rachelled! I have tried fixing a couple pieces as well but found they were harder than I thought and I didn’t have the right stuff to fill in chips at first so I used dry wall stuff that I had to let dry and then sand. I won’t do that again as I couldn’t mold or sculpt the texture right. I still have a couple pieces I have to work on so this is a good reminder for me to get on that.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

etruscan
        Participant

He looks great! Nice work. πŸ™‚

Celestial Rainstorm
          Participant

Wow! You did an amazingly fantastic repair, there. It looks like he was never broken in the first place.

Finding happiness again.

Melissa
            Participant

Nicely done! So glad this story has a happy ending/beginning. πŸ™‚

Blight
              Participant

Excellent repair work!

rachelled
                Participant

Thank you everyone! The encouragement and advice was so helpful.

As an addendum – I gave it to my friend as a birthday present. His favourite animals in the world are wolves and I noticed he didn’t actually have any decorations related to them. It was originally for him, which is why I was so upset when it arrived broken, but his reaction was worth all the work I put into it! He gave me a big hug, and he keeps it on display near his TV now. πŸ™‚

Prezaurian
                  Participant

Thank you everyone! The encouragement and advice was so helpful.

As an addendum – I gave it to my friend as a birthday present. His favourite animals in the world are wolves and I noticed he didn’t actually have any decorations related to them. It was originally for him, which is why I was so upset when it arrived broken, but his reaction was worth all the work I put into it! He gave me a big hug, and he keeps it on display near his TV now. πŸ™‚

Very cool! Glad everything turned out alright and that your friend liked it. I have to say that you did a fantastic job fixing him back up!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Awesome job!!! I’m glad my advice was able to help you out! ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.